The official Boat Show on Friday thread

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The official Boat Show on Friday thread
    Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:45pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I'm off there tomorrow, anyone else going? Say hi if you see me

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:53pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Ohhh yeah that is a real pic of me too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:08pm
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

My first time there today. So much to see and so many people to talk to... I'm going back tomorrow!
Where will you have your stand Smudge??

(P.s. My trip report will appear in The Newbies Corner as soon as I can upload pics.)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:15pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is how old you grow waiting for a gurnard to bite on the Manakau 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:17pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I don't have my own stand FO I'm just a humble gurnard fisherman :)  I'll just be mingling. This is me, say hi.

Don't expect too much Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:20pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

That is how old you grow waiting for a gurnard to bite on the Manakau 

Hey! That's the very fibre of my soul you're insulting there Muppet! LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:25pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bite this one does Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:37pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I went today, was good. Didn't buy much but enjoyed a few epic pale ales at the bar with my brother and said hi to Geoff Thomas.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 9:22pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Telecaster Telecaster wrote:

I went today, was good. Didn't buy much but enjoyed a few epic pale ales at the bar with my brother and said hi to Geoff Thomas.

awesome Telecaster, hope to catch up at the Grunter Hunter?

Muppet, I used to like you Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 9:35pm
Titanium
Titanium

Yep I am locked in for the grunter hunter, looking forward to it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 9:50pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This reminds me of those dating sites where people put up photos of themselves that are at least 10 yrs old. We all know you've had several birthdays since the pic was taken.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 10:07pm
Titanium
Titanium

Harsh, but fair. Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 10:46pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yeah, like I said before, I used to like you guys Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 10:57pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You missed great oportunity to catch up with me today smudge off home tomorrw. Had my yearly fill of jaffa land back to good paradise
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 11:07pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Tzer Tzer wrote:

You missed great oportunity to catch up with me today smudge off home tomorrw. Had my yearly fill of jaffa land back to good paradise

Dang! Would have been great to catch up again Tzer. Sorry to say it but you are going to be seeing us again Big smile. It's so cool having someone to bait hooks, unhook fish, iki fish , catch fish while we all just sit around drinking Lion browns
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:37am
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tzer Tzer wrote:

Dang! Would have been great to catch up again Tzer. Sorry to say it but you are going to be seeing us again Big smile. It's so cool having someone to bait hooks, unhook fish, iki fish , catch fish while we all just sit around drinking Lion browns

Cheers smudge, will be in your neck of the woods this morning. My mate wants to stop in at DKM Fishing on way home for some bait.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:50am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Cool, our local. Have a safe trip home Tzer. Just heading off to the show in a sec
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Sufishent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:45am
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Annual tradition - 3 of us went yesterday. Had a good day and oohed and aahed at lots of nice shiney things and toys that we can only dream about. Did the obligatory annual Coastguard renewal (always strange as I told them at the stand - I hope I only see them in a years time).

Saw a few forum members strolling around - kept seeing Capt A and LBGer (not together) and they looked quite serious at times :) Have to say the Capt is not a small fellow and he was with Bill Hohepa who's also not a small fellow and they caused their own traffic jams on size alone :)

Caught up with a few of the tackle lads for a chinwag. The Shimano guys were there in numbers and working well on all the various tackle shops.

Had a great day.
You can never have enough fishing tackle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 3:58pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Call in and check out the NZ Fishing Media team at Stand 140 - pick up a subscription to NZ Fishing News and 'Spin to Win' There's a charter trip with Nik Key to be won every day and lots of other goodies. 

Every subscriber at the end of May goes into the draw for the Shimano Set for Life' a $5,000 value set of the best Shimano gear to suit most inshore fishing styles. 

DB Export are there during peak hours with their bottle->sand machine. Grab a sample of DB Export and watch the magic. Grant Dixon will be talking about some of the show highlights tonight on the Radio Live Fishing Show at 7pm

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:27pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Another great show. Caught up with the usual suspects selling stuff. Had a chat to Sezza  at the fishing news stand. Swapped a few gurnard tips with Mark Kitteridge, bumped into Steps. Even the traffic behaved.
Page  12>