Looking at taking boat to thames

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Surf_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking at taking boat to thames
    Posted: 14 May 2017 at 10:32am
Surf_fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Depending on weather and sea conditions I am looking at heading over to the Waikawau boat ramp to launch from there and take the FC390 out for a good long run as well as a fishing session plans are to head up between Wilsons bay and Dead mans point to anchor up there for a few hours and drop a line over the side. How has the fishing been going over there not really looking at the mussel farms as I prefer to stay away from crowded areas like that

Callsign: ZMU 4809
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 11:33am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

why not go right through to coro and launch at sugar loaf/te kouma ramp?more shelter,deadmans just around the corner and if the weather cuts up can always sneek along the shoreline. farms around esk point are not crowded and are producing + kings
just a thought.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Surf_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 11:57am
Gold
Gold

The boat gets that at kawhia harbour plus I wan't to do some tiki touring.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Surf_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 4:38pm
Gold
Gold

Just a quick question has anyone used the Waikawau ramp over the last few days and what is the state of the channel running from the river I read on the site for the ramp that there were some stumps and rocks exposed from the last two storms and that it had not been dredged again. Can anyone enlighten me on this as the only other all tide ramp without having to go all the way to te kouma is Kereta.

Also what VHF channel is used for calling in trip reports to the coast guard from the Thames coast

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 7:47pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There is a lot more interesting things to tikitour around further north. From Coromandel Harbour to Colvile Harbour are full of Islands. From Waikawau to the Suger Loaf in the Coromandel Harbour is probably only 30 minutes but way more to see.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Surf_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 8:23am
Gold
Gold

No worries guys I have plenty of time to go venturing further north I just want to get to know each area bit by bit. and was really wanting to hear if the channel at waikawau has been dredged since the cyclones or not and more importantly what VHF channel is being used in Thames for calling coast guard to lodge trip reports as there is no VHF channel info on the updated channel list and I would really like to be able to save that channel into my VHF. I have postponed my trip over there until either next weekend or queens birthday due to the crap weather conditions forecasted.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 10:34am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

www.coastguard.nz/media/418087/20161017-final_vhf-radio-channels-map_ship-to-ship-and-ship-to-shore.pdf