Auckland ramps Anzac Day! @&;:

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sid fishus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auckland ramps Anzac Day! @&;:
    Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 1:52pm
sid fishus View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Flat calm and sunny. Blimin beautiful. Sun is high, but thought if I head out to 50m or so where it's a bit deeper and darker n away from all the traffic.

I'd probably winkle out some snapper even in the middle of the day. ;)

But I went to go fishing and basically gave up in despair at the Okahu bay ramp. Got my 7 n 9 year old waiting and launching a 7m boat solo with half constructed floating piers, n all the wash from gin palaces slipping up the ramp, n queues of short tempered people launching n retrieving jetskis n tinnies.

Just decided f it.

Shoulda gone west or north or any bloody where else today ;)

Bring on winter, in some ways. Still fish about and less of that nonsense.

I always tell the truth about things that never happened
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 2:57pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Don't launch at Okahu Bay in weekends or if I do very early start as gets very busy'

Even Little Huia was busy for Little Huia.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 3:49pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

parking at westhaven appeared to be maxed out too
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 5:00pm
Betty Boop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I feel that its the same in every metropolitan area...I've chosen to retire early and fish mid-week....
Last week I joined an Anti-Social support group........They won't talk to me!

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 5:10pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I took Monday off and worked Anzac Day....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 5:56pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sth/ bottom end ramps all filled up, including club ramps.
Tomorrow is the day...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote uncleping_88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 6:08pm
uncleping_88 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah that's why I don't go long weekends or even weekends most of the time I try during the week coz there's no traffic.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sid fishus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 7:30pm
sid fishus View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ah whaddya do? Chalk it up to experience.

Get the timing better go early or late, use a quieter ramp Somewhere, make sure I'm not the only adult when going out.

I've calmed down now. These busy days are what they are.

1st time I've pulled away from a ramp though in frustration. Hopefully won't happen again soon.

Looks like fish 4T had the idea. 👋
I always tell the truth about things that never happened
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Toyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:00pm
Toyz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Need to move south... Had a rush of 3 boats trying to launch at my local in Dunedin, busiest I've ever seen it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dagwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 8:17am
Dagwood View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Only going to get worse;

Huge population increase +
Immigrants slowly integrating into NZ and what we have to offer +
Council's complete lack of interest in managing the above

= even more pressure on existing ramps.

When and where was the last new all tide ramp with parking in the Auckland area opened?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 8:27am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Then there is the other veiw thats was mooted some time back.
With smaller new sections, and infill in current sections the option to be able to park a boat no longer becomes an option.

Except top end city fringe semi and  life style blocks...

Full ramps spring to summer, on weather window weekends and public holidays has been an issue as far back as the late 1960s as far as I know...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 8:58am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yeah, far north, no wait to launch. we did have to wait about 30 seconds for one guy to finish retrieving his boat at the end of his day. that was pretty frustrating Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bigfishbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 9:32am
Bigfishbob View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ha, try waiting an hour to retrieve after this lot! 

www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 9:52am
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Dagwood Dagwood wrote:

Only going to get worse;

When and where was the last new all tide ramp with parking in the Auckland area opened?

Agree and an argument i've had with many.  Marinas are being sold and developed with most in Ak now going to have high-rise apartments, so even less parking and less interest in boat ramps.

I've got no problem with intensification of properties but i am annoyed that the waters edge is becoming less and less accessible for all, not just us with boats.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bigfishbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 3:53pm
Bigfishbob View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not to mention this pressure....

www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:03pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Dagwood Dagwood wrote:

Only going to get worse;

Ramps vs roads and flood drainage.
Happy to wait as I dont want my rates to go up faster (but then again, the Manukau is easier at this stage)