Screaming reels

Page  <1 345
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Polar_Kiwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 7:26pm
Polar_Kiwis View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Giddy Maaaaaates

Tune in tonight! Apparently they are actually going to catch a 'Kingi' tonight...

Here fishy, fishy fishy.... Nom, nom, nom
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 7:59pm
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

And apparently a guest
Was starting to enjoy it in the background while reading fnet so have to admit I don't mind it now.
Might change my mind again tonight though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 9:19pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Was a great show tonight but a bit too overdone even by their low standards when they hooked up but that's what you expect eh. When they headed off home, hilarious.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 9:25pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

For me I enjoy it - its somewhat 1-dimensional and 1-joke, but F### it, thats the whole point, isn't it? Some good 1-liners, some good piss-taking.

i will watch more!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 9:48pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by brmbrm brmbrm wrote:

For me I enjoy it - its somewhat 1-dimensional and 1-joke, but F### it, thats the whole point, isn't it? Some good 1-liners, some good piss-taking.

i will watch more!

Yes, that's the whole point
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 9:48pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That mega- rig looks like the bizzo Might just save that one for the grunter hunter.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 10:02pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

That mega- rig looks like the bizzo Might just save that one for the grunter hunter.

I don't know how they found out about my Smudge Special
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 10:17pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

I don't know how they found out about my Smudge Special

Looked to me like the new and improved version.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 11:02pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Watched it for first time tonight. Enjoyed. A send up of what probably goes on in every second boat out there .
Everyone wanting to do something different. Eventually you start fishing. Then after a while one of the crew  says im hooked up. This is a good fish ,this is a really good fish. Hear the reel screaming. Have you got any drag on. Well no ,but still a good fish. Then ,fish seems to be shrinking on the way up. Funny that. Well it felt legal to start with. Almost legal though.  And so it goes on.
Realized why increasingly i like solo fishing after watching that.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote foulplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:24am
foulplay View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

....and then I realised...I don't want to work at Pink Mermaids anymore
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 8:58pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by foulplay foulplay wrote:

....and then I realised...I don't want to work at Pink Mermaids anymore

http://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif that's why I soft bait. no more fishy smelling fingers http://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Juan night only Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:03pm
Juan night only View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Had me laughing, "The acoustic guitar is taking some line" 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:06pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I spoke to those bloody good kiwis on the radio today. I won myself a Screaming Reels cap. Thumbs Up. Had an easy question too - 'where did Matt Watson want to move to?' 800m to the channel edge. Pfft what would he know eh LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:22pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wicked..mean smudge good work.
Jelous as.
Just the story for catching the big kingi, stripey or groper.
That would also make an awesome prize in the Grunter Hunter if it doesn't fit you 😋
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:27pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by skunk skunk wrote:

Wicked..mean smudge good work.
Jelous as.
Just the story for catching the big kingi, stripey or groper.
That would also make an awesome prize in the Grunter Hunter if it doesn't fit you 😋

Nah it's too valuable Mathew, but if I win I will give away $500 Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kingfish15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:30pm
kingfish15 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I personally think its a funny show with some great jokes but i don't know if it deserves NZ on Air funding when shows like big angry fish could benefit from that etc.
Cheers 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:53pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by kingfish15 kingfish15 wrote:

I personally think its a funny show with some great jokes but i don't know if it deserves NZ on Air funding when shows like big angry fish could benefit from that etc.
Cheers 

Screaming Reels needs all the help it can get! Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:11am
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The show reminded me of a recent trip with a fellow Fisher, we all have own ideas of what's works and how we do things. The show is bit of humour, don't sweat the little stuff and have a laugh. Just don't expect too many GPS spots from this show. Ps the mrs even laughed during show, too date it was the opposite.
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:11am
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The show reminded me of a recent trip with a fellow Fisher, we all have own ideas of what's works and how we do things. The show is bit of humour, don't sweat the little stuff and have a laugh. Just don't expect too many GPS spots from this show. Ps the mrs even laughed during show, too date it was the opposite.
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Page  <1 345