Long cast eggbeater reels for boat fishing

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Surf_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long cast eggbeater reels for boat fishing
    Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 3:13pm
Surf_fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Just wondering if egg beaters with long cast spools can be used for boat fishing as I won a 7ft strayline combo at a fishing comp over the weekend and never heard of long cast spin reels being used for boat fishing. any enlightenment would be appreciated
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ffocus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 11:43pm
ffocus View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

You can use any reel you like for boat fishing, some are better suited to specific applications than others though. Just use line weight suited to rod and reel and then use it appropriately. Certainly could have advantages in casting around the boat into reefy patches or workups anyway

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 12:00am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yep I don't see why not.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Surf_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 10:41am
Gold
Gold

Thanks for that guys the reel I was talking about BTW is a Tica galant 10000 which came with a kilwell XP PE3 rated strayline rod which was my prize for 2nd heaviest gurnard at 0.955kg, that reel is now sitting on my partners kilwell 5ft snapper rod that she won for 3rd equal in the gurnard section that came with a tica toptec overhead which is now on my strayline rod as her rod when loaded up in the lounge the line was touching the blank with the overhead and wasn't on the strayline rod when I tried the overhead on that.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 11:23am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Nice!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steve Jhonson Jr. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 8:01am
Steve Jhonson Jr. View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

That was worth a look.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 8:17am
Betty Boop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have a couple of Shimano Bait runner 12000d's on Aquatip Rods in my arsenal, with mono or braid choices. ....fit for purpose I believe ☺
Last week I joined an Anti-Social support group........They won't talk to me!

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Surf_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 5:19pm
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Betty Boop Betty Boop wrote:

I have a couple of Shimano Bait runner 12000d's on Aquatip Rods in my arsenal, with mono or braid choices. ....fit for purpose I believe ☺

I do use a shimano baitrunner 6000 on my ugly stik black tiger out on teh boat for straylining my question was actually asking about eggbeaters with long cast spools :)