Flat floors in sub 4.5m pontoon boats

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flat floors in sub 4.5m pontoon boats
    Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 8:38am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Folks, interested to know if there are any small pontoon manufacturers that turn out hulls without the angled floor in the toe space next to the gunwale? Or do they all have the angled edges? I find the angled floors limit my fishing enjoyment a bit (I'm pretty uncoordinated and like leaning against the gunwales when fishing) Cheers for any pointers in advance
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 9:07am
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No-one's come up with any yet.
I assume that flat right to the side, would require a higher floor. Either, higher sides therefore greater cost and lower stability; or, less side height above the floor than normal. You might be able to get maker(s) to do this. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 8:02pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The plastic moulded boats do have flat floors. The Smartwave for example is 1.5m inside gunnel to gunnel, perfectly flat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AndyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 8:33pm
AndyR View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yep the mac420 also has a flat floor installed but you'll probably want the high sides option if you want to do any leaning..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote crabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 8:14pm
crabman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Check out the FC390 or FC430

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 7:57am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

thanks guys yes ive been looking online at the fc boats they seem to have loads of space and good flat floor for their size. they are certainly in the mix. i might flick some of the pontoon manufacturers an email and see if there are ways that floor space can be improved...might be something that can only be done with a lot of faffing tho which will no doubt = $$$. will keep you posted
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:50am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm yet to find one and it kills me on them, the flat floor space is about the size of the average coffee table if you're lucky.
Even some of the larger pontoons up into the 5m-ish range still slope up at the edges.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:52pm
like_to_strike View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Had the same issue with them, ended up with a smartwave 4200, no regrets.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Surf_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 6:01pm
Surf_fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by crabman crabman wrote:

Check out the FC390 or FC430

Yup I will vouch for the FC390 nice stable boat my other half and I can stand on the same side of the boat and not have it feel like it wants to tip you out, also gives a nice comfortable ride when you are going along at 20 knots.