Fukishima and us...beyond scary.

Page  123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fukishima and us...beyond scary.
    Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 7:47am
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Watch this through if you dare, according to this we may have four years left before the fallout arrives here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RYR18V6sQc
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 8:09pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nonsense and didn't even watch it

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:54pm
part-timer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Garry   ..  im afraid you are right..  4 years tops till we are all dead..

I caught a marlin last year that had clearly been swimming in the nuclear contaminated water at fukushima..  it was literaly "glowing"!!!... it must have rested against some old fuel rods that they string up under the FAD's in japan..   It had these bright electric blue stipes on it...  it was clearly overtaken by the contamination, as it was trying to FLY like a bird at times..  

Please text me your address and Ill come around and get all your fishing gear you wont be needing.. you might as well give me your life savings, and titles to your properties if you have any..

012328434253      021DAVIDICKE
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 10:18pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Does this mean the lumo squids I bought came from there also, they glow in the dark. Didn't notice before I read the article.
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 10:39pm
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I watched it with an open mind......what i do know......is radiation doesnt just fade away into the ground.....it hangs around for years......If it escapes it will drift......
was this the one that leaked with that big sunami?   ....two of them i believe....
Look at chernobyl.......that site is still ****ed .....even now.....people near by....all effected. 
useless fact= a nuclear powered sub marine can go around the world twice on a piece of uranium the size of a golf ball.
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 11:48pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Chernobyl is so ****ed that it's  now a tourist attraction https://chernobyl-tour.com/english/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 2:45am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

Chernobyl is so ****ed that it's  now a tourist attraction https://chernobyl-tour.com/english/
Thats interesting....but how long ago was that incident? 20+ ? 
Pity that people for miles around got riddled with cancer at that time and beyond but hey ..How did they mop it up? That would interest me.....it sure looks a pretty spot to visit(not) and in a sick sort of way....what sort of sick ****wits would offer a tour like that?
Mind you the japs did it at nagasaki( i went there)Confusedbut there was purpose for the japs....they wanted to show what the a bomb did to the jap people and try to prevent it again..........what is this tour trying to achieve? = MONEY.
Thanks for that link though Kevin...a bit of an eye opener that oneWink
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 7:07am
Platinum
Platinum

Well whippersnappyr its good to know that you can tell if something is rubbish or not simply by the title.
I have read so many books in my life that I didn't think were that good in the end man I would love your skills.

So did nothing happen?
Was there a meltdown in reactor three?
Did they all melt down?
Are the pictures of the heavy water storage tanks not real?
Was there an earthquake in the first place?

What interests me and worries me is that lots of the above DID happen and I am certain cover ups are bound to occur.
So how bad is it I wonder?

I won't be laughing if it's on the money or even worse than this predicts but I will loan you a shovel so you can dig a deeper hole in the sand...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 7:19am
Platinum
Platinum

I also should respond to part-timer because my mate went out of doubtless sunday and on the way back he ran into more than a dozen marlin just outside the bay....
They wouldn't touch his gear and were feeding on what he thought were piper.
In the end he resorted to taking a video of the bait hiding under his boat and the marlin coming in to hit them.
(oh for a live bait).
Anyway in the vid you can clearly see the marlin glowing!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote sumthinfishi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 7:46am
sumthinfishi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

As we all know we will never be impacted by bad stuff that happens elsewhere. As long as we ignore it all we will be ok.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 7:51am
Platinum
Platinum

Ah, in a nutshell somethinfishi.

But we have to find a ballance between ignore and drive ourselves crazy....hard in this new information age?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 8:31am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The most frightening thing about Chernobyl is that the huge consequences, lamb in Wales was too radioactive to sell for several years -that was hundreds of miles away,  the forest next to the reactor glowed at night for a while,  less than 10% of the radiation contained in the reactor escaped -the rest is still sat there.  They have just completed a huge new containment building to replace the rapidly thrown together concrete one built in the days after the accident which was in danger of collapsing.

There is now so much background radiation in the atmosphere, mostly from nuclear bombs and testing, that some scientific instruments have to be made from what is known as "low background steel", which is steel made before the 1940's, because all steel made since then is radioactively contaminated.  This is in such demand that many shipwrecks are being plundered to supply it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-background_steel 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 8:57am
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah Kevin I think the containment might be the difference here in terms of all this crap leaking out of the Japan sight for so long...

I think it's in an area of pretty good rainfall also which must suck.

Interesting about the steel....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 2:21pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by laidbackdood laidbackdood wrote:

Pity that people for miles around got riddled with cancer at that time and beyond but hey ..How did they mop it up? That would interest me.....it sure looks a pretty spot to visit(not) and in a sick sort of way....what sort of sick ****wits would offer a tour like that?
Mind you the japs did it at nagasaki( i went there)Confusedbut there was purpose for the japs....they wanted to show what the a bomb did to the jap people and try to prevent it again..........what is this tour trying to achieve? = MONEY.

86 if I remember correctly. I was living in the UK at the time. A few months after it happened, fruit and veg began appearing in shops with different coloured stickers and a range of prices on them. Closer to the collapsed reactor the cheaper the price. You paid your money and took your chances. Having said that, it was also at the height of "Mad Cow" disease. I am still unable to donate blood because of it.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 2:25pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by laidbackdood laidbackdood wrote:

A friend of my daughter has just done the tour. Protective suits and all. I do not believe they mopped anything up. In fact they hid the event from the rest of the world for as long as possible. I believe they Just incased the whole thing in concrete, which incidentally is now breaking down. Radiation levels are still very high.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 4:52pm
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Low level radiation isn't so bad is it, if anything it is a beneficial

1700 apartments in Taiwan with cobalt-60 (T1/2 = 5.3 y). This experience indicates that chronic exposure of the whole body to low-dose-rate radiation, even accumulated to a high annual dose, may be beneficial to human health. Approximately 10,000 people occupied these buildings and received an average radiation dose of 0.4 Sv, unknowingly, during a 9–20 year period. They did not suffer a higher incidence of cancer mortality, as the LNT theory would predict. On the contrary, the incidence of cancer deaths in this population was greatly reduced—to about 3 per cent of the incidence

I carry low dose in this range as a protector not a killer

Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 6:50pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Love those radioactive Snapper, fins glowing blue when you land them. How long until they mutate into flying fish?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 7:34pm
Southern_Jez View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

There was absolutely nothing useful in that video ... a few news clips of the quake, tsunami, resulting hydrogen explosion in reactor tower 2, some clips from Michio Kaku stating that TEPCO dont know how to deal with this (in his opinion), a woman stating it is magnitudes worse than Chernobyl, an angry farmer, and then it cuts off at 1min 54sec in the middle of the next point ...

no sources, no credentials, no reasons given to take it seriously.

I'm sorry, but I will start worrying when we get peer reviewed scientific papers explaining what's going on. I trust the scientific method far more than I do any unnamed amateur video on youtube.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 7:36pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This is serious shyte even the moon glows in the dark that's how bad it's getting. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 5:55pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The unstable rods have burnt through the concrete base and are burning their way through the soil,into the water table,a few hundred metres from the coast...mmm yeah gotta be good. Even robots can't get in there. They don't have the technology to stop its process of it burning into the earth. I'd say the sushi over there would be real good for you about now.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Page  123>