Kingi carnage with the fam - railed a few times

Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kingi carnage with the fam - railed a few times
    Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 9:23pm
nzfishwhisperer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

The plan was to jig a few kings for the morning then once the boys had had enough we would make our way to Port Jackson - over the next 3hrs the boys would be in battle with some fiesty gulf Kings. I haven't caught huge Kings here but there normally is a lot around that 10-15kilo with the odd bigger sometimes in the mix. Our first drift was set from a little surface action and our first drop had the boys instantly hooked up - If they were quick enough I was able to release and get one more shot at them before we drifted to wide.

Most drifts we would hook into 3-4 with multiple double hookups - it was hard to keep up and help but the boys surprised me with me not having to help to much only in the release. Most of these fish were between 75-80cm (Rats) but the boys didn't care and that's the one thing I love when fishing with the boys it doesn't matter what ya catch it all just a lot of fun...

A couple of hours in and 10-15 kings each to there names the Mrs wanted to join in and she even jigged them up herself - I was surprised how long we stayed at it but after each drift all I herd was lets go again Smile - we did manage a few better mods to around 100cm which the boys battled hard with smiles from ear to ear.

30-40 Kings in I had to call it quits otherwise we wouldn't make Port Jackson - they had been hard at it for 3hrs and I was very impressed with double hook ups and sometimes twice a drift.

It was an epic morning and everyone was satisfied - the boys had taken it to the Kings and won for the day, I feel I have taught them well and I was very impressed with the boys as they decided to release all there fish to fight another day - that's what it's all about for me when a day like this comes along and it's not about having to take fish just because you catch them or spend a bit of coin doing so....My boys faces and even the Mrs enjoying a solid fishing sesh makes my day and that's all I need to take home...

We finished off a great day at Port Jackson - the only ones there made it even more special with a bit of a feed and a swim in peace...

Tight Lines

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JasonEdward62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 5:49pm
JasonEdward62 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Now THAT is what it's all about - Great post 'Wisperer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tortise01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 8:01am
Tortise01 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Great report!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 9:13am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Nice Work Jas - thanks for the report and 'liked'