Where can I find Paua in Wellington?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Daniel_Ni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where can I find Paua in Wellington?
    Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 10:26pm
Daniel_Ni View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hello, I am new resident in Wellington, Where can I find Paua in Wellington?
Thanks
Daniel
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3rnzir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 4:29pm
3rnzir View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

DN join one of the local spearo clubs.
Great way to make new mates too.
Forty One South Crew was mentioned to me in another thread.You will find them on facebook.
They will put you onto the paua and bugs I bet.
Cheerz
Peace.Via superior firepower..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Will I Am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 5:52pm
Will I Am View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

There are plenty of Paua in Wellington.  On the south coast you'll find them at Breaker Bay, Moa point, Sharks Tooth and all the way from red-rock to the light house.  Makara has many as well but you'll need to be careful  because they are much smaller at Makara so please do not to take any undersized ones from their rock measure them up before you pul them mate.  Good luck!

"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers." - Herbert Hoover
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Daniel_Ni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 6:34pm
Daniel_Ni View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thank you very much,Sir.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 12:13pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

In my short experience red rocks is a bit thrashed.

The question should be where, as pretty much everywhere, but where can I get legal paua :-)

Yep joining a spearclub imo is the best way for learning any new area, I find the same thing with any form of fishing, from surfcasting to game fishing. Thats how I learnt my spots in Aus when I had no idea what I was doing with a 50ft game boat.