Brownie Points

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote poppatrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brownie Points
    Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:20pm
poppatrev View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

with all the wind this year the brownie points have been stacking up all the gardens done lawns mowed even been out site seeing taken the good lady out to breakfast several times 
Then talking to a mate who informs me you cant bank Brownie points and after a few resent fishing trips i think he may be right
so where do the rest of you stand 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote edge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:33pm
edge01 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Brownie points expire really quickly. Use them asap
Having said that I'm fishing in doubtless bay atm.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote poppatrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:43pm
poppatrev View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yep got a week off for Raglan next week back to work a few days and then the Tauranga one base

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 11:25pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

brownie accumulation is one thing,actually getting a leave pass is totally different.Day the weather is right ,she who must disobeyed,will have a plan to stifle the best made plans.My advice is sneak out say nothing and cop it on the chin when one returns,does not hurt for long if you return with a bin full.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Fishful Thinking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 11:48pm
Fishful Thinking View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I once lectured in spousal disinformation and the perils of relationships in the bar at Swashies in Westhaven. 

One paper centered on the fact that "Brownie Points" have the shortest known half life of any known element or concept. Their decay rate is unparalleled in science, principally because of the storage area designated, the female mind.

Radioactive materials are contained in lead, surrounded by concrete and buried deep in disused mines etc.

Brownie points are held in a repository that is prone to instability. A bit like a crayfish, attached to great tail, but with a head full of muck. Unfortunately the data storage is in the later.

The result is, if you have a few brownie points, cash them immediately, as the assumption they can be redeemed later is deeply flawed.
PhD: Pool Hall Diploma
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 6:20am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

you want unlimited brownie point?
easy as (I normally charge for this advise)

Every moment you get hand around your wife and ask her stupid questions about what your doing. Even when she goes to the toilet talk to her and wait outside the door. Give her no time to herself and it wont be long till shes begging you to go out and do your own thing.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 7:25am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This might explain why brownie points are not redeemable after more than a week. 😄
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 10:45am
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

got home last night... in a bit of a crap mood after a ****ty day at work.... so after settling down to watch some mindless TV and vegetate 
wife goes... i got a fly screen for the back door. for valentines day rather than buy her anything i could install it... so i ask.... 
when is Valentines day????

Lots of silence then she goes... today and your present is on your bed

Dead looks like i have no browny points as they just expired
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 11:43am
Southern_Jez View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Fortunately my wife doesnt require an exchange of brownie points for me to be able to go fishing, she prefers Blue Cod, Terakihi, and Crayfish. 

If I can take a kid awesome, but she understands this lowers the return of desired fish. 

Recently she told me to buy a new rifle as the .223 was not quite enough gun for Red Deer, in return for purchasing me a Sauer 100 .308 she expects that I will purchase her a $190 bracelet for her birthday (3 days ago!!! Still no bracelet).

This saturday I am off to Milford with a few mates for some fishing/diving/hunting, due to the greater prevalence of her preferred Terakihi she only expects a couple of those make it home for sashimi dinner on Sunday night.

I'm not one to gloat (actually I am), but I believe you fellas who struggle with permissions from your wife might have screwed up in your selection process early on in the relationship ... TongueEvil Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bigfishbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 11:53am
Bigfishbob View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I just committed going to a swimming event this weekend for my eldest and Voila! The weather forecast has improved! No worries, you're all very welcome!
www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 12:45pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Shock/horror.She just rang and asked if I can take her out this weekend.My reply was simple"what about your precious house work"?never dear your home on Monday.Grr knew there had to be a catch.