ALL MY RODS GONE!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 700 LTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALL MY RODS GONE!
    Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 8:31am
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Some nice person thought they need my fishing gear more than me over the weekend stolen from my garage in Grey Lynn

2 x Tica 50W with killwell game rods

1x Tica tailsman 8000 on killwell xanatu stick bait rod

1x Diawa Saltist 6500 on jigging master jig rod

1 x Shimano TLD 30 on Shimano backbone elite rod

1 x Shimano TLD 30 on Diawa VIP rod

1 x Shimano TLD 25 on Finnor offshore rod

1 x Shimano Bait runner 8000D on Daiwa VIP rod

1 x Daiwa Exceller on Okuma nano matrix rod

1 x Daiwa Lexa 3000 on Diawa DXS862 rod  

Insurance will cover it but its gutting in the middle of game season it a major inconvenience if anyone sees cheap rods for sale please let me know - police have been notified.

Thanks Guys! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Saltiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 10:00am
Saltiga View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

bloody bullsh8t, what road was it on ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 700 LTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 10:15am
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Richmond road, fully gated apartment complex
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 10:54am
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That sucks. Was it just fishing gear or did they help themselves to whatever they could get their co(k scratchers on?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 700 LTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 11:01am
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Just the fishing gear which is weird because there was a lot more expensive stuff they could have taken as well, i think it was just what they could carry at the time fair to say everything else is no longer in the garage I've moved it all.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 11:17am
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

How did they get in ? jumped the gate and smashed the glass?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 700 LTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 11:29am
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Jumped over the fence that backs on the property i think. So frustrating and time consuming dealing with insurance,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 11:40am
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hope the turnout process is quick enough bro
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 1:11pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by 700 LTR 700 LTR wrote:

Jumped over the fence that backs on the property i think. So frustrating and time consuming dealing with insurance,
Opportunist?or neighbours know what you have?it is a violation of your property and bet old policeman plod said yeah mate take this form to the insurance co.
The big problem for me(said it before)some fisherman will buy the gear and know it is stolen(because of price offered)makes them no better than the thieves.
By the time you hunt for receipts etc the insurance co have already decided what they will pay less your excess and ends up costing you money,been down that path a few years ago when the boat got broken in to .kids. tooks rods,slashed sleeping bags,emptied the first aid kit and took the beer and left the rum.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 700 LTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 1:46pm
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

My flatmate and I know all of our neighbors well as its a block of 6 apartments, we went and told them what happened yesterday morning.

You're right in regards to the police "give this number to your insurance company" and all done over the phone, it's been well publicized what was stolen so hopefully there's someone with a conscience out there if they do get offered cheap good quality gear...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Tortise01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 3:08pm
Tortise01 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sorry about the theft.
I will keep a look out as well.

Hope your insurance is sorted fast, so you can go and do some shopping.
Just be aware as the thieves are generally aware that you will replace the gear soon, so try not to leave any new boxes in your rubbish which would be a dead give away that your new items have arrived.