3 Trophy fish in 3 days - 33lb snapper

Post Options Post Options   Likes (13) Likes(13)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 Trophy fish in 3 days - 33lb snapper
    Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 6:54pm
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have been keeping this quiet for some time now (well telling everyone i see kinda quiet haha)

We had some exceptional fishing last October in the far north on one of our trips away catching 3 trophy fish in 3 days.

1st up was Boz with a 17lb "competition winner" trevally, beast of a fish, Boz being a giant makes it hard to show how big it was

2nd up Grovo managed to get a 21lb snapper on an inchiku

And the for the finale I managed a 33lb snapper off the rocks.

This managed to get on the cover of the Feb issue of NZ Bay Fisher, out now, so unfortunately I can't put the whole story on here like we usually do and you will have to get a copy to read :). But thought i would share a little bit with you anyway.

A big thank you to NZ Bay Fisher for putting this on the cover, a fish dreams are made of and seeing it again put the smile back on my face after a long few months recovering from hip surgery with no fishing.
So go out and get a copy for the long weekend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 6:59pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Old news Deacs, Boz was telling everyone at Gofish a month ago LOL

Well done fella cracking fish of course you make it look 40lb Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Johnny Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 8:21pm
Johnny Watson View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Congratulations on the big fish guys. Trip dreams are made of....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 9:00pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just like Richie McCaw's wedding, got to buy the magazine for the exclusive!

Awesome fishing, congratulations. 

It may seem odd to most on the forum, but I think I'd almost choose that huge trevally over the big snaps, especially if I could tangle with it on soft bait gear. An absolute beast.

Snapper so big you guys have to use gimbal belts!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 9:13pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Those are two sweet fish.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 8:14am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Excellent Deacs!!Will grab copy of mag for full Story! Congrats on leading measure comp as well, be a hard one to beat! Liked.......
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 8:29am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thats awesome Deacs!ClapClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 9:45am
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Incredible fish! Well earned too. I was looking at the photo thinking he looks just like you but too much smilingWink. Both among the biggest of the species ever caught in NZ!! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 10:08am
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Haha shows how great the moment has to be to get me to smile this one kept me going for a while!
Cheers for the likes :)
Geoff amazing how weight can change with the length of the fish the one that is the same length as mine was 10. Something kgs! Plenty of big fish caught this year so hopefully someone knocks it off
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Boz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 9:27pm
Boz19 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Old news Deacs, Boz was telling everyone at Gofish a month ago LOL

Well done fella cracking fish of course you make it look 40lb Thumbs Up

I told you to keep it quiet ya muppet 😂
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 11:15pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Come on . That fish is 40lb. looks 40lb so it must be 40lb.

Awesome trio of fish. That Trev is massive.

What a great trip you had.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Accident Prone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 8:49am
Accident Prone View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome work boys!, well earned fish!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 10:36am
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wow, awesome fish.....
A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DMarkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 1:19pm
DMarkey View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Wow good job!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 6:59pm
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very nice....that big snap must have been a battle off the bricks.
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Troutzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:29pm
Troutzilla View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Wow so epic! All amazing fish - well done you guys...

It aint no use if it aint chartreuse!