Simrad go9 xse

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simrad go9 xse
    Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 5:51pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thinking of upgrading my Garmin to this Simrad.
Can anyone who has one let us know their likes or dislikes.

cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 7:57pm
matty View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What Garmin have you got? Are you going to sell? Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fritzhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 8:15pm
fritzhu View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I've got this one with the TotalScan sounder. I don't like it so much, my Garmin 557xs had better sonar speed and maps (Simrad unit doesn't show e.g. dangerous rocks in the map view, only in nav view, also doesn't show no-anchor zones). That said, the sidescan overlaid on the fishing map is awesome!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Little Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 8:37pm
Little View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

The base maps are pretty basic. You'll need something like navionics. I was quite impressed with it when I had one with a totalscan transducer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 7:50am
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Fritzu, sounds like you just have the base map.

Little, what sort of depth and clarity you get out of the total scan trans.
I have the garmin 70dv at the mo, Im finding i never use the dv feature only regular sonar. 
other option is to keeo the 70 for the gps function and then buy the Garmin 557xs as a stand alone sounder with a tm150 chirp trans.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Saltiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 9:27am
Saltiga View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by fritzhu fritzhu wrote:

I've got this one with the TotalScan sounder. I don't like it so much, my Garmin 557xs had better sonar speed and maps (Simrad unit doesn't show e.g. dangerous rocks in the map view, only in nav view, also doesn't show no-anchor zones). That said, the sidescan overlaid on the fishing map is awesome!

get platinum navionics  and you will. they are fully detailed 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Little Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 12:50pm
Little View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I was using it in the HG so the deepest it got was about 45m.
Same transducer but different unit I was reading the bottom and marking fish in 75m up north.

This was on high chirp.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fritzhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 1:18pm
fritzhu View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I actually have the navionics map - I've got three, Navionics, Insight and CMAP. CMAP is the most detailed of the lot...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fritzhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 1:19pm
fritzhu View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Aha, platinum navionics. Thanks Saltiga! :) I will check it out.