Thumbs up Marine Deals

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 10:01am
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

totally get that Muchalls. I have a mixed pattern of purchasing - online mainly for softbaits and lures, apparel etc when on big discount, but Marine Deals had some older model Stradic FJs on clearance when most other shops had sold out. So I went online for those.

I also got 2 Daiwa reels overseas online because of the crazy markup here on them. And some Tasline Elite braid from Australia, because they don't sell that in shops here that I'm aware of. 

But almost always get my bigger ticket item rods and reels (for my budget, anyway, no Carpenter rods or Stellas!) from Big Fish (also reel servicing), H&F or Top Catch in my local area, where I visit enough that the people recognise my face and I get personal service and advice.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:01pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Im glad it has worked out for you, my inference was that the seller needs to be given the opportunity to put things right prior to going public with your bad experience, an email to a large company........for me doesn't make that threshold.
 From their perspective a email pro porting that the rod disintegrated after a year of not being used..... Can ya see how that might look? I'm sure they would have had a different initial  response if you had outlined what had occurred and  asked for an address to send the rod in to be examined.....after which they can properly evaluate your claim :)

"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 2:37pm
Fishy11 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

And some Tasline Elite braid from Australia, because they don't sell that in shops here that I'm aware of.

Marine Deals stocks it....... so do a few other places.
Just so you knowThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 4:36pm
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Think MD only sell the premium Tasline. It names it as Tasline Elite, but the images show the Tasline Premium product - different stuff.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 4:39pm
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

People keep referring to Marine-deals as an online company but they do have a shop in St Lukes, and the guys there are really helpful. Just like many other tackle shops that have an online presence.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 4:57pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Big Manly Yaka Big Manly Yaka wrote:

Think MD only sell the premium Tasline. It names it as Tasline Elite, but the images show the Tasline Premium product - different stuff.

That is my understanding as well. I think other places, including Pete Lamb in Wellington, have the braid designed for overhead reels, deep water fishing etc. The Elite White is different.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 5:03pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Titahi Titahi wrote:

Im glad it has worked out for you, my inference was that the seller needs to be given the opportunity to put things right prior to going public with your bad experience, an email to a large company........for me doesn't make that threshold.
 From their perspective a email pro porting that the rod disintegrated after a year of not being used..... Can ya see how that might look? I'm sure they would have had a different initial  response if you had outlined what had occurred and  asked for an address to send the rod in to be examined.....after which they can properly evaluate your claim :)

The replacement arrived today, boy hasn't noticed the switcheroo, and I'm very happy with Richard's help. 

As he said, if he'd been shown the very pleasant (in my view) and lengthy original email I wrote to explain the situation, as he would have expected to have happened, he'd have had no hesitation to replace the rod, sight unseen (as he did when alerted to the thread).

I certainly wouldn't jump on here without having made a pleasant initial approach.

Next time, I've got his number and that'll be my first port of call, mate, don't worry! :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 6:49pm
Fishy11 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

Originally posted by Big Manly Yaka Big Manly Yaka wrote:

That is my understanding as well. I think other places, including Pete Lamb in Wellington, have the braid designed for overhead reels, deep water fishing etc. The Elite White is different.

Guys they sell both the White Tasline Elite Pure & Elite Pure hollow core which is the Tasline Elite White. Both are good for casting/topwater use. Then they also sell Tasline Premium.
The thumbnail images are similar for each listing but not the same...
http://www.marine-deals.co.nz/catalogsearch/result/?q=tasline
Cheers.

Page  <123