YEEHAA inner Gulf 20lb

Page  <123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 7:42pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My turn tomorrow(lol) heading out rakino/noisies for 3 days
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tinca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 10:56pm
Tinca View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I have to say that my first reaction was disappointment that such a fine big specimen didnt go back, particularly that taken in shallow water, it would have been fit and healthy to return. I know this opinion is not the norm in NZ, but my excuse is that I grew up fishing rivers and lakes in England where we put everything back so we can catch it again another day!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 2:21am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

At the end of the day...Catch or release is up to the angler......In all the excitement of your first 20 pound plus...its understandable to want to keep it...show it off to everyone and then if you can afford it....get it mounted.......I have done the same thing with my 24 pounder.......But after that i felt different....like Mt Everest had been conquered......Ever since then i have released big fish eg 16 pound.....14 pound ....10 pound fish......
     Its a different feeling watching them swim away to a) fight another day b) maybe give someone else the buzz of catching a good fish......
Like i said...its Tonys choice but imho ...if that had been me...it would have been "Pic" and release and wait patiently for the original to arrive(hassle Kevin ! thats bloody crazy time to wait !)..........A nice fish but His choice as to whether he keeps it or not..........I dont think anyone deserves to be abused.....for or against its capture.......we all have an opinion ...just because you dont agree with it...doesnt give you the right to become rude to that person.......something i have noticed a bit on here over the years.....well done Tony....Bloody good fishWink  
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 4:45am
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Tinca Tinca wrote:

I have to say that my first reaction was disappointment that such a fine big specimen didnt go back, particularly that taken in shallow water, it would have been fit and healthy to return. I know this opinion is not the norm in NZ, but my excuse is that I grew up fishing rivers and lakes in England where we put everything back so we can catch it again another day!

So guess if you put everything back then you don't know what fish tastes like cos you will never get to eat it since you put everything back.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=717361
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 6:58am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done Yeehaa. Nothing wrong with taking a fish like that, you deserve it. . liked.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 7:58am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wot about the big fish in your profile Pic Tinca, looks pretty dead to meLOL Its a Gulf Snap probably thousands of anglers would love to catch Tinca, and i would suspect 99% of them would be keeping for a mount, eating or wot ever. In the end its totally up to the Angler on keeping or releasing. Hope you have better luck Tony on getting this one back mounted, four years and still waiting not good. Cheers... 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rowboat bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 10:58am
rowboat bob View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I reckon it was good he kept it after dragging it into the boat. The guys I have a problem with are the one's bragging about catching and releasing 100's of fish. Unless you leave the fish in the water or at least use a wet towel the chances of survival is minimal on a released fish. All those clowns holding up big fish by the tail with the other hand in the gill covers proudly proclaiming they released the fish and dozens like it have more than likely just killed them all. There are charter skippers out there who insist that a boated fish is a caught fish and part of the anglers limit. People who catch and kill the odd 20lber are not doing any real damage to the fishery.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 11:05am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Conserve Conserve wrote:

Nice work on the 20lbers.
You might want to think about trying to get some of these fish back in the water. Not really good for anyone to have these breeders taken out of circulation.

Conserve, seeing as you are new, I'll explain something. This is a fishing website. Expect to see pictures of fish.  By all means start your own thread stating your ideals in the Fisheries Management forum but this report is not the place for those comments.

Tinca, same rules apply. Enough of that. Back to the fishing report
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 700 LTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 12:10pm
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Well said Smudge! Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 3:03pm
Titanium
Titanium

Good points by rowboat(especially the gills bit) and smudge .....
Dont see anything wrong with Tincas comment......hes a pom.....he just giving his perspective from his experience fishing in England......only offensive comment here was from otdrmn.......that sort of comment is not needed on here.........everything else is just differnt folks opinions........which is fair enough on a fishing forum.Thumbs Up
         Tony....sue that guy for making you wait 4 years....You cant do that to fishosUnhappy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote otdrmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 3:19pm
otdrmn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hardly offensive.
Just that everytime yehaa posts on here some dickhead has to ruin a good post by stating he caught to much or should have put it back.
For a first post the guy was a cock!

You wonder why you get bugga all reports anymore? , its the negative input from people.

Go fishing and harden up petal!
The 4 R's ~ Rods, Reels, Rifles, Rooting
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 3:28pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Well done Tony.
Male or female out of interest?
Also what braid do you have/recommend on the MoreThan? I have a 3000 model with blue braid which doesn't suit at all as it's very noisy braid (I assume not the bail arm bearing).
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 4:47pm
Woody View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done Tony. Nice fish.

Woody
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 5:06pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Snappa Geoff Snappa Geoff wrote:

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

No doubt Geoff you are aware the said fish in the profile pic appears to be a pike & personally I have no ambition whatsoever to catch one let alone keep one to eat.
I agree with you that other claims being made by Tinca are rather questionable inasmuch as the rivers/streams/lakes he refers to are a totally different situation inasmuch as they are mostly stocked with hatchery bred fish & not only is it expected that you can keep any if you so wish, but at certain localities I understand it is not an option to release & must stop fishing once the set limit is reached. 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Wot about the big fish in your profile Pic Tinca, looks pretty dead to meLOL Its a Gulf Snap probably thousands of anglers would love to catch Tinca, and i would suspect 99% of them would be keeping for a mount, eating or wot ever. In the end its totally up to the Angler on keeping or releasing. Hope you have better luck Tony on getting this one back mounted, four years and still waiting not good. Cheers... 
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 5:07am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by otdrmn otdrmn wrote:

Hardly offensive.
Just that everytime yehaa posts on here some dickhead has to ruin a good post by stating he caught to much or should have put it back.
For a first post the guy was a cock!

You wonder why you get bugga all reports anymore? , its the negative input from people.

Go fishing and harden up petal!
"Just that everytime yehaa posts on here some dickhead has to ruin a good post"For a first post the guy was a cock!
sorry dood but you are making things personal/being rude and judgemental towards  this guy...just because you dont like him giving his opinion.......it doesnt make him a dickhead and i dont see how it ruins the post......Please enlighten me how you feel it ruins this post?
    It certainly hasnt ruined it for me.........I have posted reports on here of stuff i have done and i couldnt give a **** what people say.....
sounds like you are the one who needs to harden up and not let peoples opinions bother you bro..........thats why people come on here ...to have their say........they dont deserve to be called "Dickheads and cock" for having an opinion....grow up....Too many of these cheap shots happen ,on here, at times.Wacko.......I am on fishwrecked wa as well as this site and this kind of rudeness, never happens on fishwrecked......only on here......hmmmmmm

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 7:51am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Keep posting yeehaa mount it? Kinky but everyone to their own
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 8:19am
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Couple of good fish recently Tony , well done - keep the posts coming .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 3:17pm
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just forget about those endless catch releasing subject. Got a phone call from a mate who wants to catch up for a relaxing bait fish section yesterday afternoon. So quickly cleaned the cob web from my bait runner setup and grab some packs of new BKK bait hooks. left from west heaven 4:45 and fish the east side of the whaiheke channel near the muscle farm. nice fishing toward dark again nothing huge but lots lots of 3-5lber fish. Boys had great fun and some fresh snapper for dinner too.

we need more people to posting report and remember at the end this is a fishing form. Most people come on this site are looking for information about how and where to catch fish and perhaps some cooking methodsTongue.

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 3:29pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Good stuff Tony - out there doing it!  Congratulations on the 20lber too mate.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 3:47pm
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Espresso Espresso wrote:

Well done Tony.
Male or female out of interest?
Also what braid do you have/recommend on the MoreThan? I have a 3000 model with blue braid which doesn't suit at all as it's very noisy braid (I assume not the bail arm bearing).

the varivas seebass pe2.0 for my 3000size reel for big snapper is great.

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Page  <123>