Thoughts and Suggestions Please

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 700 LTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thoughts and Suggestions Please
    Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 11:10am
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I've caught the game fishing bug, just upgraded my boat now got a 5.5m rhib with 60hp merc 4 stroke but unfortunately lack of rod holders this is what I have to work with - see picture

I don't really have specific game fishing gear this is what I have 

2x Shimano TLD 30's on bent butt Rods

1x Tica tailsman 8000 80lb braid

1x Daiwa 6500 Saltiga 80lb braid

1 x teaser/dredge set up

Any suggestions on how to run the spread would be very much appreciated, I'm thinking run the 2 bent butt rods with the TLD 30's on the angled rod holders with larger marlin lures to get them as wide as possible then run the 2 spin reels with smaller tuna/skippy lures in the middle, run the teaser on a 3mm cord of the ski arch.... thoughts?

Will be fishing mostly out of Whitianga commuting from Auckland on weekends work permitting, planning a couple of missions up north Whangaroa/Tutakaka, if anyone is keen to join me and give me some advice they are more than welcome too!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trolley Bouy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 7:22pm
Trolley Bouy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good looking setup and more than sufficient for catching a stick face. My advice would be not to over think it and just get out there and tow plastic! You could read a million articles and ask a millions questions, each with totally different advice which will potential confuse you even more. Your perfectly fine with what you plan on running, it's now all about time on the water and fishing where the fish are.
Good luck out there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:03pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Keep your eyes on the tuts page and when there is a good bite on make the trip up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ET487 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:25pm
ET487 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

If looking at the photo i would run top left rod holder-short corner. Top right rod holder- long corner. Bottom left rod holder- short rigger. Bottom right rod holder- long rigger. I use two popper rods with spinning reels on the riggers. Running two smaller lures at the back and two bigger lures closer to the boat. This is what i do on the islands, fishing from a small boat.
Good luck with the game fishing bug....Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:41pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Don't forget lanyards securely attached to reel/boat
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 700 LTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 8:01am
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks for the advice guys, just need some time on the water now