Kina, fulltank...happy holly days

Page  123 177>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kina, fulltank...happy holly days
    Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 7:25am
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

It looks like the devious planning over the last week or so is paying off. I now have a big burley stash including fresh (frozen now) Kina, ditched the responsibilities, got a ton of everything....I'll even get livies if possible....planning to leave Tauranga today, back to Whangaparaoa, so an early morning start for a fish hunt is on the cards. 10 - 20 knots SW in a 20ft tinny.

The rest of the coffee's drank today will be done staring at the charts and sorting out the frontal assault. Could be a lot of coffee! Any opinions?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 7:27am
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

<SCRIPT language=javascript> Opinions on where to go, not the coffee - I have Illy Espresso, naturally.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 10:36am
snap View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fished in 18mtrs straight out from Home Bay yeaterday in my 4.6mtr tinny and it wasn't too rough. The trip from Mission bay to the spot was easy the trip home a bit slower (and bumpier). Got 15 snaps (all around 40cm) between 6.30 and 7.30pm. Nothing big but still a feed!

Happy hunting!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 1:33pm
Bullet22 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Looks like the weather is going to be 5 knots, variable and sea breezes so I qam sure this is going to open up your chances - follow a few work ups perhaps??

Good luck!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenAs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 1:43pm
KeenAs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hows the fishin been b22?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenAs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 1:53pm
KeenAs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

espresso . ..  when ya lookin at headin out, would that be tomorrow morning?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 2:47pm
Bullet22 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Keenas - only got out last wednesday - primo weather and stinking hot.  Started near Tiri and got into a few and then head in behind for a swim and so lunch - then hit a workup and kicked arse!!  pulling in fish on ledger rigs two at a time.  Great day on the water.  Wind has been S**thouse lately so a few bits and pieces around the place.  Will be hitting it early tomorrow to see what the day will bring - might try and chase a few sneaky kings!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenAs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 2:56pm
KeenAs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good work mate. had a good morning last thursday two notible fish of 13 & 17lbs! and took great pleasure in giving them a kiss and putting them back to fight another day. took home 4 between 3-6 lbs. friday morn was a bit slow and had a couple of good tussles with hammers. Sat morn had bait &berley in the water @ 5.15am, had 5 fish in the bin @ 5.45am. Am going out early in the morn and will more than likely do an evening mission tomorrow night. Good luck with the kings!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 3:13pm
Bullet22 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

You are a freak!  my PB is 12lb snap and a 30lb King...

Not getting out as much as you at the moment but enjoying it when I do!  Still fishing the same spot I take it?

Good luck tomorrow...  Not sure where I will have a crack for the kings - need to get a live bait tank set up at some stage...

Wicked

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenAs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 3:19pm
KeenAs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

same spot.i spose it could be said that i get rewarded for my efforts. livie tank ..  a 20 ltr paint bucket with a $20 air thingy like in fish bowls. or same sort of bucket full of holes and hung over the side . . .  hear from ya monday mate.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 3:38pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Cool - back in jafa-land safe. Kind of incredible with the crazies on the road!! Let me get out on the boat...

So yeah keenas, tomorrow (Sat) morning I just gotta go - leaving from Weiti river, Whangaparaoa, and latest report does reckon it'll 5 kts variable!!!! Ooooh maybe Anchorite somewhere???  Tempting to blow a stack of cash and go to Jimmies for the first time/??? 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 3:42pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Could be a good day for it espresso. Hopefully she holds right thru the weekend so I can get out sunday morning
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenAs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 3:51pm
KeenAs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Jimmies . ..  i can only dream of getting there . ..  not quite the destination for a 3.8 m tinnie! i expect a report on Monday!

JK  where you lookin at gettin a line wet?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 4:24pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Keenas - it'll be smooth-as tomorrow a.m. early through to about 10am. Then a bit o' wind to ripple it up! Sunday will be smooth in am too but will have a few sea breezes by lunchtime.

Nice pics Snap...hopefully I can post some on Monday??

JK - Sunday am it'll be good, that big 'H' should be right over the gulf!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 8:46pm
snap View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Look forward to seeing the results Espresso. There are big Kingi's around that's for sure!

What fantastic weather you have to look forward to!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2006 at 10:15am
snap View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey Roath

I'm thinking along the same lines (get on the water about 3pm-4pm and fish the change of light). They seem to be pretty consistent at biting around 6.30pm onwards.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2006 at 8:39pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

<SCRIPT language=javascript> Hey guys let me know what happened - you are probabaly out there as I type! A stunning looking evening it is!!

Went out nice and early, got to Channel Island around change of light this morning (5.30am), not much happening apart from about 5 other boats turning up at various times. So off to Anchorite....no snapper but lots of Kingies racing around, mainly rats, but a ton of fun. Biggest I landed was a 15lber which will be just beautiful smoked. I only had two livies and they got hammered within a couple of minutes of being in the water, one bust off and the other a nice 14lber. Boat arrived an anchored up got a 12lb snapper, but that was it. Oh yeah apart from a shark cruising through and a large pod of Dolphins on the way back in. Looked like a lot of people enjoying it out there, not many catching during the day that I saw?!

I'll be out there tomorrow - I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Gotta try and get some more livies from the jetty - they weren't keen on their duty this morning.

How'd ya'll do??? What?  What?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2006 at 11:06am
snap View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Roath - Nice boat! Sorry I missed your post other wise we may have crossed paths. How'd ya go? I went to Matiatia hole at 5.30pm and first fish was an 8lber (see below). Then got a few others around 40cm before moving to other spots.

Here's my boat for future reference.

Espresso - Sounds like you had a good day out wide (kings and snaps). Thanks for the report.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2006 at 11:28am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

That's a nice fish Snap. How did you get on Roath.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2006 at 7:47am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

we headed up around saddle and motuora and lots of small stuff. Few pannies but yeah bugger all really.

Bugger all kingi action too.

LedgeNZ LBG
Page  123 177>