Help! Hand made NZ Stick baits

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonyg26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Hand made NZ Stick baits
    Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 6:55pm
Tonyg26 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Guys,

Trying to find the guy who makes the below stick bait / popper,
I Brought from a older guy who had a stand outside hammer hardware in Waipu about a year ago.
he mentioned that he made these himself, and have been on gone fishing with graeme sinclair.

Today i lost this to a fight with a kingy, =(
been my fav / old faitful
lucky i took a photo.
anyone know?

Regards Tony.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ET487 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 9:16pm
ET487 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I think a guy in Whangerei make them. Not sure if he still do. I lost mine long ago too. Green colour.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 10:45pm
Bakes View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

They had some of his stuff in Saltwater Connection on Port Rd a couple of weeks ago when I was in there. Couldn't tell you if they had that model but they were on the back wall. Can't remember the guys name right now but he's been making them for years, we've had quite a few of his poppers. I found a small battered green one in the shed a while back which must've caught dozens of kings and kahawai.
I love catching fish. But fishing isn't always about catching.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 10:49pm
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Last time i brought one of them was at Top Catch in Whangarei (after also losing mine in battle) so pay to check there aswell.... must be one of the more successful poppers around
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonyg26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 8:17pm
Tonyg26 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

cheers guys, have emailed both stores in Whangarei, Bugger i am from hamiltion
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ahi_Slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 3:56pm
Ahi_Slayer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Check out my stickbaitsSmile Facebook.com/hakuhunternz

peace!