Recreational Fishing Licences - have your say

Page  <1 111213
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NumnuT_AUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 7:59pm
NumnuT_AUS View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

How about a tourist fishing fee?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 8:06pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by NumnuT_AUS NumnuT_AUS wrote:

Originally posted by Clutch Clutch wrote:

I actually like Australia but they should have no impact or say on our fishery.

How much of a say do you have in your fishery?

Well you should have no say in MY fishery.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 8:06pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

How much say-un yeah.LOL

Kingfish. Introduced into Quota Management system in 2003.

Tacc has been exceeded every year since. Quoted by either option 4 or legasea. Now if we recs exceeded our allowed take even once there would be big trouble for the boat concerned.
Further more comm size is 650cm,rec size 750 cm.

Isnt it about time this blatent discrimination against recs was taken to task. I released a kingi a bit over 70cm the other day. It looked like ,and was a big fish.
Same with snapper size 25cm versus 30cm.
Certain these decisions are worked out well in advance,meetings ,seminars and psychologists  on the job.
Aim is to discourage recs from fishing. So many now release 29.5 cm snapper and come home with zero at certain times of the year.
Pretty discouraging ,and not very exciting doing that as i have seen and been told. Many are finding better ways to spend time.
Last wednesday had the entire Rangi channel to my self between 5& 8 PM. Only about 5-6 other boats between the light and over the wormbeds. Have never seen so few boats,especially in the holiday season,and this seems to becoming the norm.For my efforts -2 snapper between 32 & 36 cm. And one trevelly released ,because trevs are rare in that area.Know this is a hard time of year ,but that was worst i have seen.
Plenty of issues need ironing out before we even think about a licence.

BTW Craig. What is legal Kingi size in N.S.W
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote NumnuT_AUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 8:31pm
Gold
Gold

65 CM x 5 fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 8:39pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

Kingfish. Introduced into Quota Management system in 2003.

Tacc has been exceeded every year since. Quoted by either option 4 or legasea.
Now if we recs exceeded our allowed take even once there would be big trouble for the boat concerned.
Further more comm size is 650cm,rec size 750 cm.

Dont believe everything you read quoted.
Year 2005 - 2011 TACC was under caught by as much as 20% only years 2012 & 2013 was TACC over caught even then only by 8-13%, don't have data for recent years so can't comment.
It would be interesting to know what the rec take was for kingfish in those same years

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 8:45pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks for clarifying that Tzer. I quoted from a topic i found on google. Was either option4 or Legasea.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 8:51pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by NumnuT_AUS NumnuT_AUS wrote:

65 CM x 5 fish

65 cm means my released undersize fish of about 72-73 cm was 7-8 cm over legal in N.S.W.
The size discrimination between recs and comms out here is a total rort.

About time the human rights crowd got onto MPI for blatent discrimination.

Saw a work up under the sydney harbour bridge last june. It wasnt just a little work either,it was the real thing.

Wont be long before Kiwis are heading to N.S.W for fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NumnuT_AUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 9:15pm
Gold
Gold

Also LOA in nsw, no such thing as fork of tail
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 9:26pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That makes them even smaller again. What sort of fish would be in the workups under the bridge in winter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NumnuT_AUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 9:56pm
Gold
Gold

Aussie salmon (ky) or tailor of yakkas or slimeys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 7:07am
John H View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

[/QUOTE]

Scott, yes some Legasea people (now) may have been involved with what you mention but you cant claim that these are Legasea achievements. I am well aware if NZ status in the striped marlin & kingfish fishery but please don't take me for a fool which I take as your implying,  as for what the fishery would look like now if Legasea wasn't in existence, bit of a far reaching statement isn't it. I still fail to believe that NZ recreational fishery is in as bad a state as everyone makes out, certainly no here anyway. At no stage did I mention the  what's fishing worth study propaganda B/S, although I do have reservations about some of its findings. Trash talk? if you consider my opinions as such then so be it but then that's your prerogative. Maybe just maybe why people are being turned of posting in the forum is not because of "trash talk" but rather that this place has become to political and not a place of sharing & learning.
[/QUOTE]

Am marlin fishing today.  Quick reply Tzer.
We spend 2 years meeting with MPI, Commercial Fishers and Maori to develop the High Migratory Species Fisheries plan.  This was for NZ Sport fishing Council, pre-LegaSea.

A major sticking point was allowing some retention of striped marlin for commercial fishers. This was to addressed by seperate meetings after the Minister signed of the fish plan.

Meetings were in early 2013. There was still no agreement on sale of striped marlin.  MPI were going to write an options paper for the Minister. One option was to introduce Striped Marlin to the Quota management system.

Within 2 days LegaSea launched the HANDS OFF OUR MARLIN campaign. An alert went out to LegaSea supporters who could email a message to the Minister, their MP the PM and other MPs.  Over 8,000 people sent emails and by the end of the week the Minister had been briefed and decided that marlin would remain an non-commercial species.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 4:04pm
lips/hooked View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Excatly! How many are polictical or members of party's with interests or supporting parties of similar interests or employment in writing speech for similar parties?
Some day they don't care one way or other but continue to push their agenda.
$hit happens
Page  <1 111213