Sticking door seals - Bradley

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Desert Dweller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sticking door seals - Bradley
    Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 12:08am
Desert Dweller View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just wondering if anyone can give a little bit of advice with regards to a pretty new six rack, that for the first time today had the door seal tend to stick to the housing as I opened it (I dry/ventilate it well after each smoke), I hadn't used it for three days.
I was thinking clean(detergent etc) the seal and housing faces, or just a bit of of spray on silicon.... or is this just part of the maturing process for the unit?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bradley NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 11:08am
Bradley NZ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi!
The Smoke leaves a sticky residue on the surfaces of the smoker interior and the seals.  

Wiping the seals with hot soapy water will remove the residue and should stop the sticking.  

Give the interior surfaces of your smoker a wipe with a hot damp cloth (no detergent) to remove any surface fats & residue without removing the seasoning.
Do this especially after fatty meats such as Pork or Lamb

If this doesn't help, give us a call Smile  0942 87030

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 11:50am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Non bradley smoker.. yes mine seals did.. A light spray and wipe with the cooking non stick \oil in a aerosol can....
I do the whole outside as well . keeps it looking very nice.
Also spray rack after been washed down.. rather water blasted.. quicker easier
 And do the same for the stainless BBQ inside out side,  and cast iron hot plates but dont wipe those.

keeps everything easy to clean , stop corrosion and looking near brand new
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Desert Dweller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 1:23pm
Desert Dweller View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Cheers guy's, I pretty well did what you do Steps, I figured washing would be a never ending job, so I gave it a light touch of food grade silicon spray which worked spot on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 4:55pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

food grade silicon spray which worked spot on.

used to work in the food processing industry many decades ago...Im sure the inox that we use on our fishing gear and such.. the liquid and the grease is the food grade lubicatants we used to use back then...and from memory the labels, logos are still the same (????)