Lazy $1000

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 3:02pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah Tone plenty of spinning jig options out there mate.
One of my jigging mates only uses spin and I've seen him out fish some accomplished jiggers 😄
I use both spin and OH to share the load over my old bones during a long day of ripping 350g jigs.
I hope you find the gear your after and enjoy the thrill of jigging.
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 7:40pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My 2c, get an Okuma Metaloid Spin jig rod, the heavy one (PE6-8 I think it is?) and spend the rest on the reel, braid and a bunch of jigs. The Okuma is only $220 or so and is very well appointed for the money which leaves you loads of dosh to get a decent reel on there like a used Stella.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 7:54pm
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Titahi Titahi wrote:

Petes advise is solid, go with it.

And Jigstar rods werent available at the " start of jigging" possibly just when you started.......

Chris's heavy metal dvd at the kings with JTF   et al was shot April 2006.........  long long before Jigstar evolved

LOL..that is true.....my mistake....got my facts wrong there but then so did you...i started not long after that vid came out.. used those ****ty jm rods that were around then....onboard....
I stick by my advice....only spend the large money if you know its a style of fishing for you.......Only an idiot would cough a lot of money on something they have never done.....see if you like it first....quite a few charters provide tackle on a use it and pay for it if you break it principal......i know epic used too......maybe go out with them once and use their gear and see if its your cup of tea before you part with your cash....alternativly go on a boulder guiding jigging trip(on here) ....he will help you out.Wink
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tone327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 6:16am
Tone327 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

So i have bought a Shimano Anarchy spin jig pe5 and a handful of jigs and split ring pliers. I am going to respool one of the Saragosa 10000 reels with some reinbow braid.
Thanks to everyone for their advice
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 8:28am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tone327 Tone327 wrote:

So i have bought a Shimano Anarchy spin jig pe5 and a handful of jigs and split ring pliers. I am going to respool one of the Saragosa 10000 reels with some reinbow braid.
Thanks to everyone for their advice

Nice one Tone go get em bro 👍
Tight lines
PE Pete
Page  <12