Father and son fishing trip - Sat morning Dec 24th

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Father and son fishing trip - Sat morning Dec 24th
    Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 10:46pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fishing has been awesome for the past couple of months so might take my son out for a fish to grab some Christmas fillets on Sat morning. If anyone with a son in the sub 15 age group would like to come along let me know and we can turn it into a cheap charter trip (need to bring the pro skipper along if I have paying guests). Probably $90 per father/son pair to help cover fuel and skipper. Don't want a boat load so just 4 or 5 pairs if anyone is keen. Will be a 5:30am departure and back by 2pm at the latest as we have a 3pm charter that afternoon.

some of todays fish here - https://www.facebook.com/2xscharters/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ET487 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 11:24am
ET487 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Count me in please. Let me know what gear to bring along.
Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 2:38pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i am keen.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 2:47pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok guys. Will confirm a little later today. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 2:55pm
Titanium
Titanium

could add a second son and grandfather combo to the mix if needed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 2:58pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That would work to CJ. Just need to confirm some things later today for it to be a starter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 7:46pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

OK guys this is all go. 

Can CJ x 4 and Saffayakker x 2 please confirm attendance

Room for 1 more father/son or parent and child combo.

5:30am start so bring some breakfast and lunch with you. There is a BBQ on board and a gas cooktop/oven. Will be cruising for an hour+ to get to the fishing so plenty of time to make breaky on the way.

It is BYO bait, but I have spare rods you can borrow if required. Pilchards are working best at the moment. Bring a sabiki with you for some fresh jac macs to use as prime bait.

Boat is at Z Pier in Westhaven. You will need to park in the yellow pay&display zone. Look for the big cream coloured power cat called 2XS when you walk down the ramp at the cafe end (Eastern end) of the Billfish Cafe building.

Text me on 021669150 when you arrive.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 7:48pm
Titanium
Titanium

yep four of us confirmed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ET487 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 9:55pm
ET487 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yes two of us. Confirmed. Looking forward to it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote formtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 10:03am
formtool View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Tagit,
Would of like to come, but other things have to come first (wife). But would be keen next time to take my 5yo fishing for the first time.
Have fun.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 1:53pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry guys. Forecast has hit 35knts and whilst you and I might fish in that, the kids won't like it so have to cancel. Will try this parent/child thing again at a later date. Merry Christmas to you and your families. Dave
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:20pm
Titanium
Titanium

any plans to reschedule this dave?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WoodyJunior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:30pm
WoodyJunior View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Me and Woody are keen 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 9:16am
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi guys - I will have a look at this and see what I can do. My volunteer free skipper is away for a couple of weeks now so I can't run the trip at the previous costs until he returns. Will see what I can organise for before the schools go back. Probably be next week before I have some idea of what we can do.

Assuming we can do something on a midweek day in the last week of Jan, who would be interested please? No use doing all the planning and not having enough people. One possible date would be Friday 27th. We can also look at doing an evening trip with a 430pm start if that works better for the working adults.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 9:27am
Titanium
Titanium

i'm back to work on the 25th, can't do the 27th for a day trip. possibly an evening trip.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 5:35pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

CJ - if you read this in time I can get you and 1 child out tomorrow for $100 if you share a rod (only one of you fishing at once). 7:00am departure and back around 3 - 3:30pm. Includes rod hire and bait etc so just bring some lunch.