John Key resigns

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Key resigns
    Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 1:04pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 1:23pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Share market crash Ill bet. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingfishers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 1:37pm
kingfishers View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wonder who will take his place???
"My mind has gone fishing, ask all questions tomorrow"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 1:46pm
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great news for Monday
The People Protest

Actions Speak Louder Than Words    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 1:57pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by mowerman mowerman wrote:

Great news for Monday

I guess this means an end to all the moaning and gowning?
I will look forward to some good reports and positive things in your posts from now on
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 2:11pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Maybe he just wanted his life back.Time with family while time still allows & being his own person again. Being P.M is a thankless and high stress task.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 2:28pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by kingfishers kingfishers wrote:

Wonder who will take his place???
according to article English to be leader and bugger me Joyce to be finance
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingfishers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 2:34pm
kingfishers View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great news for Monday

Great news for Xmas..!!
"My mind has gone fishing, ask all questions tomorrow"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 4:20pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Barrie Barrie wrote:

Great news for Monday

I will look forward to some good reports and positive things in your posts from now on

Barrie or it will mean a new round of moaning & growning when it was better to know the devil you did rather than the one you don't.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 4:28pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Life will go on and National will still be the Govt,what other party has anything to offer,only one party made noise about fish dumping but cannot campaign alone on fish.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 5:09pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

True. The nats will stay in, come the election I am sure their numbers will drop a little, even down to 40% maybe, they will still be the biggest party by over 10%, but with JK no longer there, Winston will be far happier joining with the nats, rather than teaming up with the useless and hopeless ones of the green/labour alliance.
So then maybe Winnie will be in control of fisheries again, like the last time when he gave the scampi quota to his mates in...suminovichs wasn't it? Still, interesting times.
Good time to be handing over too, give whatever new leader arises time to settle into the job before the election....imagine....Judith Collins as the next p.m.! Now wouldn't THAT be fun! 😄
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 5:34pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hmm what PM have we ever had that someone did not5 moan and groan?

I can understand where he is coming from...anyone actually know or have know cabinet ministers family away for politics... just know how lonely for the wife and children it is?  It is actually as bad maybe worse... as being a widow.. A widow knows hes not going to be sitting at the table... a politians wife doesnt know when or if hes going to be back next.
 And to have that happen not for a family thats grown up in politics but thrust into it midway...

Then there is the issues of TTP, where world politics, trade , economy is going in the next 4 yrs and beyond. Rightly or wrongly hes seen us thru the depression and results of the sub prime BS.. and we have survived far better than most other countries around the world... Seen us thru some major national disasters to boot.
 Personally I think he had far more opportunities to make significant change that this country needs.. espec in the early yrs....So never came up to my full expectations in many areas

But could have and would have done a bloody sight worse with the likes on Cunicliff (remember him.. national didnt win that election.. labour lost it.. just putting in perspective for those with short memories) and his cronies at the helm

I would not put Key at the top as one of the 'great' PMs.. and there are a lot that would not even put close to him.
 And would not put him close to the bottom either.

I think his timing is sensible and right.
 We have 12 months to see in action his replacement, and how the new cabinet will perform... a track record at least to vote a yr from now.
 Rather than drop the bombshell at the last minute.. a call made also with the voters interest.. intended or not

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 5:45pm
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

the moaning will go on,turn of the next inline... Just a pity someone never had the foresight to re invest in forestry, millions of acres  could be p[planted ... Billions could of been made ,plus Carbon soak 
The People Protest

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 5:47pm
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Judith... hell yeh ,imagine !!
The People Protest

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 6:51pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

My thoughts? Well who cares really apart from Pugwash who maligned me as a National supporter. Dick, but we all know that eh Big smile

IMO opinion we have had two great politicians who have put us on the map as a political and national identity over my life time.

Norman Kirk? Nah. Jenny Shipley, nope but she did a great job as our first girly in charge Evil Smile.

David Lange? Well I'm a little unsure of this as he was my local MP and I used to see him regularly out and about as the PM. He always had a smile and a 'hello' for me in the 4 or 5 times I met him.

What ruined it for me was his abandoning his wife. He was a man of the people and he put us on the world map. so a maybe yeah from me.

Helen Clark? Easily the most influential and 100% committed politician of my time. Would love to meet her. But what did she get? Umpteen piles of **** from what is now known as social media. Because her teeth were crooked and popular opinion had her pegged as a lesbian. ****s sake!

So Helen gets my vote as the most influential PM in NZ of all time. I was so disappointed to see her miss the UN job.

So who is in second place? IMO John Key. A great leader, I hope his personal struggles don't get the better of him. If you're reading this JK come round for a hillbilly barbie, you will be welcome. Bring Bronagh and Helen.

Mowerman, I know you don't see it that way. Let's see your opinion on our best leaders. 
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 7:26pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

" Helen Clark? Easily the most influential and 100% committed politician of my time. Would love to meet her. But what did she get? Umpteen piles of **** from what is now known as social media. Because her teeth were crooked and popular opinion had her pegged as a lesbian. ****s sake!

So Helen gets my vote as the most influential PM in NZ of all time. I was so disappointed to see her miss the UN job.

So who is in second place? IMO John Key. A great leader, I hope his personal struggles don't get the better of him. If you're reading this JK come round for a hillbilly barbie, you will be welcome. Bring Bronagh and Helen."

I agree Smudge. I didnt like Helens introduction of political correctness and some of the regulations to protect the just plain stupid people but she also started a lot of things in the right direction. John Key has done little in trendsetting moves but has kept a steady ship in extremely trying times.

Ive met Helen Clark a few times and found her to be a real nice person, Ive never met John Key. I do think (and still think) that labour has less competent people within their ranks that see throwing money at things the only way to change people. I disagree and thats the reason I have supported National.
Funny (/) enough, the politicians I had the most time for were the Ryan brothers, Frank and (opps forgotten his brothers name the lawyer) as my dealings with them when I ran for parliament were straight up honest discussions.  I also had time (in those days) for Winston (who was my Lawyer)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 7:52pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Barrie Barrie wrote:

" Helen Clark? Easily the most influential and 100% committed politician of my time. Would love to meet her. But what did she get? Umpteen piles of **** from what is now known as social media. Because her teeth were crooked and popular opinion had her pegged as a lesbian. ****s sake!

So who is in second place? IMO John Key. A great leader, I hope his personal struggles don't get the better of him. If you're reading this JK come round for a hillbilly barbie, you will be welcome. Bring Bronagh and Helen."

I agree Smudge. I didnt like Helens introduction of political correctness and some of the regulations to protect the just plain stupid people but she also started a lot of things in the right direction. John Key has done little in trendsetting moves but has kept a steady ship in extremely trying times.

Ive met Helen Clark a few times and found her to be a real nice person, Ive never met John Key. I do think (and still think) that labour has less competent people within their ranks that see throwing money at things the only way to change people. I disagree and thats the reason I have supported National.
Funny (/) enough, the politicians I had the most time for were the Ryan brothers, Frank and (opps forgotten his brothers name the lawyer) as my dealings with them when I ran for parliament were straight up honest discussions.  I also had time (in those days) for Winston (who was my Lawyer)

Crikey! interesting about Winnie, he is politically savvy but  give him zero credibility. I guess sometimes we're all naive about politics
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 7:56pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

My thoughts? Well who cares really apart from Pugwash who maligned me as a National supporter. Dick, but we all know that eh Big smile

IMO opinion we have had two great politicians who have put us on the map as a political and national identity over my life time.

Norman Kirk? Nah. Jenny Shipley, nope but she did a great job as our first girly in charge Evil Smile.

David Lange? Well I'm a little unsure of this as he was my local MP and I used to see him regularly out and about as the PM. He always had a smile and a 'hello' for me in the 4 or 5 times I met him.

What ruined it for me was his abandoning his wife. He was a man of the people and he put us on the world map. so a maybe yeah from me.

Helen Clark? Easily the most influential and 100% committed politician of my time. Would love to meet her. But what did she get? Umpteen piles of **** from what is now known as social media. Because her teeth were crooked and popular opinion had her pegged as a lesbian. ****s sake!

So who is in second place? IMO John Key. A great leader, I hope his personal struggles don't get the better of him. If you're reading this JK come round for a hillbilly barbie, you will be welcome. Bring Bronagh and Helen.

Mowerman, I know you don't see it that way. Let's see your opinion on our best leaders. 
David Lange??really the man who let french terrorist leave NZ for a life of happiness and a french hero welcome really?? Having said that He did help us out early 80s dealing with social welfare.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 8:32pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I voted twice for Key but did not at the last one. He has done his time, bit strange he is leaving now before the election and securing another win. I don't like a lot of things he has done but respect the fact he played the politics game well. 

If anyone at Labour had half a brain they would get Jacinda Ardern as leader and take a more centre stance on policies. They need a fresh new face, Little is nearly as bad as Cunliffe, otherwise its at least another 3 years in the wilderness.

The big winner is of course Winston I think a few Nat voters will move over to NZ First. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 9:48pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

IMO the best ever leader is ---10 kg Mono,especially for Gurnard.Big smile