Kaipara tragedy

Page  123 7>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kaipara tragedy
    Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 6:35pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not sounding good at all...

A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Screaming Reels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 6:42pm
Screaming Reels View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

There is confirmed deaths :(

The Car Doctor Mangakino
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 6:48pm
sappercatcha View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm in hellensville and frequent the boat club so theres a good chance ill know the skipper if the boats from helensville
bloody windy up here would certainly not be fun out there
keep up the good work boys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 7:11pm
Platinum
Platinum

reports are its the "Francie" and yes I know the skipper
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pork Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 7:17pm
Pork Hunt View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

3m swell and 15-20knts plus today................

RIP to the poor buggers deceased
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lemmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 7:23pm
lemmy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

If its Rod Bridges hes one of the most experienced skippers on the Kaipara, thoughts and prayers go out to all the familys involved at the moment.
Listening to the Vhf now they have just located another body
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 7:27pm
Platinum
Platinum

its not him hes the lady frances I think the boat in question if it is the one reported that is booked out by rods company though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lemmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 7:42pm
lemmy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Rod is the Francie if that's the vessel involved.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 7:45pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Terrible news. I fished that area many times in years gone by and have seen conditions change very quickly. Very sad.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lemmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 7:49pm
lemmy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I fish the Kaipara solely and I wouldn't be out there today or the last 7 weekends but as a charter or commercial seamen you have to make the money to feed your family God bless them all and the guys out there now looking for them legends.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 8:08pm
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Horrible stuff ,bloody place can turn into challenge at a drop off a hat ,to the family's that have lost loved ones,we all feel for you .And the families that are involved , we feel for you too. .Kia kaha
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 8:18pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by lemmy lemmy wrote:

Rod is the Francie if that's the vessel involved.
negative rod has a new boat and has had for a while
the francie is now someone else whos name will be kept from the web at this time on the small chance I'm wrong

ether way its a very sad time and my thoughts are with the family's
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 8:22pm
lips/hooked View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

A very sad time and I hope all in the effort to save and retrieve are safe and thoughts are with all.
Stay safe people
$hit happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lemmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 8:39pm
lemmy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Oh **** sorry had been out on the Francie with him didn't realise he had sold her.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 9:05pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The owner of The Francie, Bill McNatty.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/86907377/rescue-operation-under-way-in-kaipara-harbour--multiple-people-in-the-water

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote paihia panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 10:48pm
paihia panther View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

to all reading my post trully gutted for freinds and familys of lost ones i was fishing at 3.30pm kaipara harbour mouth of north muriwai did not see boat in surf would have been closest to scene and rung if sore it and my have saved more lives im truly gutted
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Screaming Reels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 10:56pm
Screaming Reels View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Confirmed 5 people have died and 3 missing, CryCryCry 
The Car Doctor Mangakino
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 11:02pm
Platinum
Platinum

yep unfortunately may as well call it 8 mate your not going to survive out there over night in those waves and currents innless someone has been lucky enough to get to shore
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 11:13pm
part-timer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

holy hell...  this looks like a tragedy... thinking of all involved..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote 1more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 7:55am
1more View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thoughts and prayers with the families.
Page  123 7>