Fun couple days Softbaiting in the North.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fun couple days Softbaiting in the North.....
    Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 11:04am
nzfishwhisperer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Softbaiting is something I don't do a lot of but when your in those special places where the fish just sit in wait for them ya gotta spend a day or two flicking them around, the far North can be one of those places where you don't have to run all over the ocean chasing workups...

Even though we set of into the blue yonder with burley and bait I do enjoy a good softbait sesh - with Burkley bringing out some new baits I decided to bring a few a long to see if the far North fish had a taste for them. One place I love to softbait is off Doubtless Bay - we normally just set a long drift around the 10mtr mark, with it not being a workup sesh you do need a bit of patience but once you figure out where there holding you can have a great day on the water in the far North with the plastics - Stevo and I threw a few around over a couple of days with a few good catches - the big fish were euding us even on the softbaits but once again there was still plenty of good fish to be had.

The new Blu Fuse seemed to be a great flav with Kahawai, Trevs, Carrots and Snaps all falling for it but the Yakka Snak and the Slimed worked just as well. Fishing off Rangiputa for me is like fishing the Kaipara, similar current with little channels holding some solid fish, softbaiting this area is one of my fav places up here to flick the plastics around to...

This little movie is just some special moments we had softbaiting the far North...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 12:23pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice work, Jase.

What's the story with the new Gulp colours in terms of availability here?