Down load music

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Down load music
    Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 6:04pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Can someone please tell me how I can transfer songs from CD to a USB stick so when its to rough to play cd I can use the usb

OR

How to download free from the net to USB

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 6:23pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This is the best CD ripping software I have used. I have ripped over 300 CDs with it to FLAC to store on my NAS for streaming (only my own CDs of course!), then  converted to apple format for my Ipod classic to play via the aux input on the stereo.. I no longer use CDs on the boat at all

You can rip to any file format, lossey or lossless
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:37pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Instead of having to rip CD's or load music onto a USB why not move into 2016 and add a blue tooth receiver to your stereo, they can be purchased in many different configurations, including USB or better still A fusion blue tooth module plugged into the RCA plugs on the back of your stereo.  You can play music directly from your phone, or punters phones if they desire.....

Im confident this module will work with any stereo that has RCA plugs .....

"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 8:52pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

FLAC (or ALAC) vs streaming quality crap is why!

Or to put it another way, noise vs music.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 9:22pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hmmmm. Me 'old school' iPod in Fusion dock.
The old style, so I have an old school iPod.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LongFin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 9:25pm
LongFin View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Find the audio for the music you want on YouTube.
Paste the link into the converter and it will convert and you should be able to download it as an mp3 file.
So far as i aware it does not contain viruses however it opens ads occasionally in a new tab.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 7:58am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by SaltyC SaltyC wrote:

FLAC (or ALAC) vs streaming quality crap is why!

Or to put it another way, noise vs music.

Part of me agrees, while part of me thinks that streaming is perfectly adequate for playback via a marine stereo, using the boat as an enclosure for the speakers, presumably underway - so you have wind + water + engine noise all competing... I feel like you would have a hard time distinguishing a 128kbps MP3 from a FLAC under those conditions.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 8:40am
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Titahi Titahi wrote:

Instead of having to rip CD's or load music onto a USB why not move into 2016 and add a blue tooth receiver to your stereo, they can be purchased in many different configurations, including USB or better still A fusion blue tooth module plugged into the RCA plugs on the back of your stereo.  You can play music directly from your phone, or punters phones if they desire.....

Pretty sure my Fusion stereo in the boat has bluetooth but I also have a usb port. Hell its easier to understand how my sounder or chart plotter works than some stereo's these days
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote Apex Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 9:03am
Apex Predator View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

You need a kid, preferably under 10 yrs old.  They will know intuitively how to do this, sort it out in 5 mins and make you feel old and redundant in the process.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 9:51am
Southern_Jez View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

iTunes or winamp do conversion of CD's to MP3 ... you may have to play with the settings (especially in iTunes) but other than that it's all rather straight forward, and if it isn't then google will have the answers for you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 10:53am
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by LongFin LongFin wrote:

Paste the link into the converter and it will convert and you should be able to download it as an mp3 file.
So far as i aware it does not contain viruses however it opens ads occasionally in a new tab.

Anybody using this bit of software?

I tried downloading it last night and my anti virus software had a meltdown telling me it was loaded with malware and other viruses.

Be great if it had a real link and was legit as I reckon there is real merit in this.

Any 10 year olds out there that can confirm this and check if it's a bad bit of software and make me feel redundantLOLEmbarrassed

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 10:58am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Don't know about the actual software as I haven't used it and wouldn't download anything from the site it is on.

The site is blocked by most "good"AV software as it is renowned for installing additional unwanted adware etc when you download something.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 11:56am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Jaapie Jaapie wrote:

Originally posted by LongFin LongFin wrote:

Anybody using this bit of software?

I tried downloading it last night and my anti virus software had a meltdown telling me it was loaded with malware and other viruses.

Be great if it had a real link and was legit as I reckon there is real merit in this.

Any 10 year olds out there that can confirm this and check if it's a bad bit of software and make me feel redundantLOLEmbarrassed

I wouldn't go near it with a barge pole.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 12:14pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not sure if I am remembering correctly.
When I copied songs from CD to USB I was asked if I wanted to convert them while copying via a windows pop up box.
Same happened when transferring from ITunes to my S7. Except in this case I was asked whether to transfer as MP3 or MP4.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 12:20pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tzer Tzer wrote:

Pretty sure my Fusion stereo in the boat has bluetooth but I also have a usb port. Hell its easier to understand how my sounder or chart plotter works than some stereo's these days

You can play your phone via the USB port..... which means its charging at the same time. Great interface between Fusion and Apple, with songs, playlists etc all being able to be accessed from the Fusion head unit. 
 Sounds like you just need to play with the system you have, ripping to USB to play on the stereo seems complicated when most people now cary music on their phones.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 12:29pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tzer Tzer wrote:

You can play your phone via the USB port..... which means its charging at the same time. Great interface between Fusion and Apple, with songs, playlists etc all being able to be accessed from the Fusion head unit. 
 Sounds like you just need to play with the system you have, ripping to USB to play on the stereo seems complicated when most people now cary music on their phones.....

And there lies the problem I dont have songs on my phone, hell its bad enough my phone smarter than me. Apart from the ocasional use for FB, txtn or to see the weather its a phone plain and simple.

Thanks guys I will have play around failing that I will employ the services of a 10 year old
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 2:06pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

titahi,

usually you can play musoc from your phone through the headphone output and into a 3.5mm input on the front of your car stereo.

you can't play music from the charger thingy on the bottom into the usb.

edit, actually there were those clock radio things that you would sit your phone in to play weren't there? ok, i may be wrong!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 2:50pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by CanadianJohn CanadianJohn wrote:

titahi,

usually you can play musoc from your phone through the headphone output and into a 3.5mm input on the front of your car stereo.

you can't play music from the charger thingy on the bottom into the usb.

edit, actually there were those clock radio things that you would sit your phone in to play weren't there? ok, i may be wrong!

All of the Toyota's here at work have stereo's with a USB plug on the front, as well as bluetooth....... you can play your phone music via either method on them.
Its the same on the fusion stereo on my boat. USB on the back of the stereo unit , USB  charging lead plugged into stereo charges phone and allows full music functionality via stereo unit, ie volume, playlists, play, pause, next as well as the song title and artist appearing on the fusion screen...
 Because I have it networked to the simrad chartplotter, I can also control all of these functions via the chartplotter as well...

Because I have 20 odd gig of music on my phone it gets set to shuffle and only the volume gets changed during a days fishing :)

I  added  a late model Toyota stereo to my landcruiser so I can blue tooth music when driving........it also has a USB port which can be used for the same
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 4:29pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I use this link, https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/mp3-converter.
down load the music from you tube to my pc, then transfer to my phone, music is through a UE boom box via bluetooth.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 8:58pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

the other option is enjoy the peace and quiet and fish
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Page  12>