Bee swarm

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 1:24am
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome Steps
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 8:07pm
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Simply a fantastic creature,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 8:22pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I still cant get over just how good this town honey is.
Couple evenings ago the wife cut a peach and necterine in 1/2, de stoned them and put just a little of the honey into the hollows.. not much.
Then let sit while had our main coarse.
A little olive oil in a hot cast iron pan, put the fruit in skin down, till get a good dark brown then flipped them and again a nice dark  dark brown.
Onto the plate, spoon icecream in each and dump of whipped cream... that town honey even smelled different when cooking..
 Following night cooked up a couple  nice steaks in the left over fruit/ honey ...
We are not honey eaters but this stuff is so damn fresh and good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 7:33am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

I still cant get over just how good this town honey is.
Couple evenings ago the wife cut a peach and necterine in 1/2, de stoned them and put just a little of the honey into the hollows.. not much.
Then let sit while had our main coarse.
A little olive oil in a hot cast iron pan, put the fruit in skin down, till get a good dark brown then flipped them and again a nice dark  dark brown.
Onto the plate, spoon icecream in each and dump of whipped cream... that town honey even smelled different when cooking..
 Following night cooked up a couple  nice steaks in the left over fruit/ honey ...
We are not honey eaters but this stuff is so damn fresh and good.
Yep Godzone alright.  Sounds great.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 8:44am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mac even your backyard would manage a hive, or 2 small ones
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 6:55pm
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I need some help, have just rescued some bees from a water meter box in ground ( on dark tonight going to lift the whole water meter box up and put it in a sealed box and bring home ,These need transfer into a hive which i would like to keep in my back yard..whos handy to papakura to help me get started  and has an empty clean hive ? ..im no bee keeper but would love to do my part helping the bees  ( update ,Paul from South Auckland is going to help me out tomorrow, got the bees home just awaiting a hive to put them into ) no stings and done on dusk in my jandels and shorts .. 
The People Protest

Actions Speak Louder Than Words    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote widerange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 10:52am
widerange View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well it's swarming season again for honey bees
so if you don't live too far from papatoetoe and one turns up at your place you want gone or you see one around,give me a call.
Paul

Also I'm always on the lookout for places to put hives if you would like one (or more)at yours
maybe you'd like to turboboost your vege garden?or just perk a couple or jars of unique homegrown honey.
As Steps has said they are pretty unobtrusive.
Give me a call to discuss or contact me here.
cheers
Page  <12