Deep drop attempt on the jetski VIDEO

Post Options Post Options   Likes (8) Likes(8)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deep drop attempt on the jetski VIDEO
    Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 5:46pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A day out west trying a deep drop, then catching some snapper and getting caught in the weather

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 8:42pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

nice vid! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dean01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 1:25pm
Dean01 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Great clip!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 1:12pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

its the worst when you wind up 200m up thinking theres a tasty puka on only to find its a shark
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 1:39pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one Coxie , good to see a JD come out from there , how deep mate ?
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FireBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 11:55pm
FireBlade View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice work.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 1:10am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Good stuffs Coxie. Jealous
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 7:20pm
Slyde View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Takes some nads to head out that far in a ski, weather can go bad real quick in springtime. Respect. Shame you didn't get a Hapuka.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ffocus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 8:43pm
ffocus View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

one of the best little fishing movies I've seen..........did you say 60km out to get to 250m depth???
We have it good down here with a big trench just a few km off the peninsula.
And great footage of the dolphins too, well done.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 8:37pm
Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wicked Coxie. Hard core stuff doing a mission like that solo!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 12:58pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks guys, yep Ive done some pretty big missions on the ski in the few years i've owned it, and I think my nads have grown a size or two bigger, either that or my brain is shrinking, maybe a combination of the two. Even though I got skunked out wide it was still a good day and gives me a few things to think about when planning my next trip
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 1:34pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yeah, not sure I'd go that far on the ski purely because you're so exposed to the chop if the wind picks up. 

if you're ever in the north, let me know and we can plan a joint trip. chasing game fish out of tutukaka this summer?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 7:34pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Are you from the north mate? I've been interested in doing a trip from tutukaka after hearing of all the yellowfin caught up there last year. I'll see how the local waters provide for me for starters and if it's hard work i'll look into a trip up there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 9:13pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I live in Whangarei Heads. Local ramp is Parua Bay. Motor out the harbour and you haven't got too far to go to the Hen & Chicks. I used to live in the Tutukaka area, so know it pretty well. Tutukaka is an hour away from where I live. 

I've done a little game fishing from boats. To be honest, I'd be very happy with albacore at this stage. Anything bigger would be a bonus. 

If you're keen, you're welcome to stay at my place.