Perch bait?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fried Chicken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perch bait?
    Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 6:35pm
Fried Chicken View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I have only done a little perch fishing. What's best - spinner (ie black toby etc) or worm? I live in Manawatu
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lemmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 8:13pm
lemmy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Check out the probaly most viewed thread in the Coarse Fishing Section "Big Perch" theres a bit of info in there on baits , I know when I was trying to catch a Monster Perch here time and time again the best bait was another smaller perch livebaited.
Savage lures make some pretty cool Perch imitation lures now ,but if you want to catch a smaller Perch  Worms, maggots or pretty much any live insect will do the job.
Good luck I personally think we have a World record Perch swimming around in New Zealand.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Explosm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 10:04pm
Explosm View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Soft bait is cheap and it's no mess no fuss

If you can get some small enough, give it a go it can be dynamite
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote aji_tsuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2016 at 5:52pm
aji_tsuri View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I've been catching them on these spinners in Lake Pupuke fished close around the edge and around weed (often spot them chasing it to within a meter or two of the shore).  Also on some small soft baits that came in a tackle box.  Have a few small poppers that I am hoping to try soon and see if can get one on the surface with too which would be cool.  Have been trying with Black and Gold toby but no luck with that yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12Pcs-Set-Assorted-Metal-Spoon-Fishing-Lures-Spinner-Bait-Bass-CrankBaits-Tackle-/111720787429?hash=item1a0313ede5