Pure Fly NZ - TV Series Sky Sport.

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pure Fly NZ - TV Series Sky Sport.
    Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 8:45am
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kicks of next month and is an 8 part series showcasing the best of New Zealand fly fishing.

Some great footage in the series and awesome drone work by Dave Shaw (The Hunters Club) and of course Nick Reygaert. 

There's a couple of handsome "40 something" forum regulars in a few of the episodes and at the end of the trailer... but best you don't watch it with your wives.... they tend to fall in love with on-screen characters quite easily... move over Shortland Street!

https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chad51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 12:16pm
Chad51 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Love the drone footage of that kingy chasing the fly. Can't wait to give that flats fishing a try this summer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 12:50pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

These guys really have raised the bar in production values , the work that has gone into this thing is staggering and from what I've seen the output world class.

We had the easy part of standing in a lake waving sticks like idiots while all of the real work is off camera and in post production let alone the planning and resourcing logistics. And that was for just one episode . A real eye opener
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 2:55pm
Southern_Jez View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm just glad for a change from snapper and kingfish!! And that RST Hunters Club is awesome!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote o Neill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 5:52pm
o Neill View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hopefully it will include film of lowland waters that the average angler fishes and not just those who helicopter into backcountry or "exclusive" access.
If it has the screaming that features on other shows or the OTT presentation forget it!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 6:08pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Most of it is filmed where anyone and everyone can access the water, mostly lowland, nothing exclusive at all... No screaming, it's not Nicks style.

I hear ya Jez, I'm not really into hunting, but they way the Hunters Club is put together makes it a brilliant watch, there's no fluff, but brilliant camera work and narrative, I find the episodes really compelling to watch.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote o Neill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 6:27pm
o Neill View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That's great news.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 9:06am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looking forward to it.
When does it start and what channel?
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fergie82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 9:09pm
fergie82 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well what did everyone think of the first episode? 

Some of the shots they got were amazing, just incredible scenery with some huge fish cruising the shallows.

Andrew might not like this, but it was good that it showed even top anglers struggle sometimes.  Quite often fishing shows make it appear easy with huge fish being pulled in left, right and centre.  Obviously the conditions were tough but the boys persevered and were rewarded with some cracking fish.

Well done to everyone involved, can't wait for next weeks episode.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 9:26pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think that's the series charm Alan, I 100% agree! It was very tough conditions, and this is bourn about in the story, it's not always about numbers. Nick and Dave are top of their game and have a vision to break the mould of traditional fishing shows in this country. I for one liked the 'tale of specific anglers" in the back country North and South DVD's... and just like "Paralell Lines"... it's all about "mateship" on the water.

I enjoyed the Ota episode due to the quality of the fish, not the numbers and of course the drone stuff is breath-taking, never knew they were feeding like that despite being metres away!

Matt is a top angler, and it was awesome to have him nail that big brownie at the end as we'd both been losing fish consistently in the weed. I did land another stonking 8lb Jack, but as Nick was turning the camera on it wriggled and slipped out of my hand... pissed off was an understatement!

This episode is in stark contrast to the other one I shot with Rene, that will come in a few episodes time... talk about insane fishing!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 9:59pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It was a real challenge out there , 30 degrees heat and blearing glare making it pretty uncomfortable for long periods. The comentator got it right when he talked about Anderw having the perseverance gene in spades .... It's rare to see such focus and that's a key part of his success ... To be fair similar goes for the camera men Dave and Nick , it's a long time waiting for "the shot" and sucks when action is missed .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 8:28am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Set to watch in 2 minutes!
Have series record done from next monday.Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 7:19am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Watched it and congratulations on a very professionally produce program.
You obviously had a 3rd person with you and a drone....drone shots were great!

I had a day there early Feb, one year and there were cicadas falling on the lake. Lost several flies to big rainbows smashing them.
Tried a muddler minnow next to the weeds and got some awesome brownies.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 10:31pm
John_B View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Fishb8 Fishb8 wrote:

Watched it and congratulations on a very professionally produce program.
You obviously had a 3rd person with you and a drone....drone shots were great!

I had a day there early Feb, one year and there were cicadas falling on the lake. Lost several flies to big rainbows smashing them.
Tried a muddler minnow next to the weeds and got some awesome brownies.

well done you chaps; brilliant production but you captured the essence of O - fabulous scenery, challenging fishing and beautiful trout when you get on to them. One of my favourite spots up by that maimai.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Metal Float Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 11:59am
Metal Float View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by John_B John_B wrote:

... One of my favourite spots up by that maimai.

Hi John, I don't have Sky but I would be interested to know which maimai you're talking about? North side near the inlet channel?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 3:59pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

SShhhhhhhhhhh

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 4:07pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

South side near the sewer outlet....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 6:19pm
Fraser Hocks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

BIG browns near there! LOLLOL

Sorry, just had to use that line! Cool
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 7:00pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Very very good Fraser!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 8:14pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awesome work!

Page  12>