Big Snap The Easy Way! Mokau.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Snap The Easy Way! Mokau.
    Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 9:13am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi All, Thought about putting this post in fishing humour section as its such a crack up! Okay got on me Quad daybreak thismorn to zoom along beach at low tide and survey the Storm damage from huge seas and wind over last few days. Heaps more erosion towards Mokau River mouth end. While heading along from there spot a good Snap on beach in a little water and foam. First thought someones had kontiki out left a frame on beach which is common. Hang on its six odd metre swells there ain't nobody going to be fish'nLOL Got nearer a few seagulls flew off had just started pecking its eyes out. Picked it up thought bloody hell this is fresh was still Quivering a bit! perfect nick fat 8 kg Snap!Yeh Ha! Must of came in to close got caught up in the big waves and couldn't make it back outThumbs Up Thats all i could think of happened. Took a shot on beach by Quad, a quick hose off, a mate took one from lookout showing rough sea. Only in Mokau!!! Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 9:25am
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Haha that is classic, a motorbike ride, catch a stonker of a snapper by hand on a beach...what's on this afternoon?
That sea must be roarin'.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 9:43am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Espresso Espresso wrote:

Haha that is classic, a motorbike ride, catch a stonker of a snapper by hand on a beach...what's on this afternoon?
That sea must be roarin'.
Hi Espresso, might go whistle a fellow deer this arvo from bush to shoot! Lol. Get the odd John Dory beach themselves down here,  but any snap still alive, little lone a good one never seen or heard of another since iv'e lived here. Still pinching Myself! Fresh fish For TeaBig smile...........
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 9:56am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I think you really are one of those guys who could catch a fish in a bucket Geoff. Classic.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 3:05pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Crikey Geoff good score and photos to prove it!  More interesting than catching a pig on the water.  Just shows how many Snappers there are there and how shallow they come in.  Watch it you might have hoards of Jaffas patrolling your beach after storms now LOL!
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 3:23pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ha Ha,thats brilliant. You could start a new topic-"-Only in Mokau"

Who needs a boat when you can catch a feed --"Storm fishing"

Must of been wild looking at all the foam out there..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 4:50pm
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great find Geoff. I once found a live crayfish on the road in Coromandel.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 5:11pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Haha that hard case Geoff.
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 6:22pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

Ha Ha,thats brilliant. You could start a new topic-"-Only in Mokau"

Who needs a boat when you can catch a feed --"Storm fishing"

Must of been wild looking at all the foam out there..
Cheers cirrus, i thought it would get a few LaughsLOL Took this photo  from our deck on dusk last night. Shows the size of waves and chop. The baches closest to sea are two and three story. Was at least six metres. Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 6:23pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Geez Geoff I should of stopped in!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 6:29pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

I think you really are one of those guys who could catch a fish in a bucket Geoff. Classic.

I agree smudge, and it would be a big bugga!

Nice one Geoff ..still tastes the same aye.
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 6:57pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mac 360 for sale? No longer required?
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 7:33pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

Mac 360 for sale? No longer required?

Yeah boats are for pussies Big smile. As for the crayfish walking down the street, scary!!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote pashy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 5:59am
pashy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

He heard the quad coming down the beach and came out with his hands up? (That's a cool photo from your deck! Almost pool room worthy)
dad reakons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, and the rest is just good luck!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 6:48am
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks for all the replies Guys. The cray walking along road, a BeautLOL For those interested,never buy a bach on a sandspit by a river mouth! A few months ago a lovely Bach with a full section sat here in this photo. The rocks in the forground were there to try and protect the land. It use to be there and thats where bach was. The house movers just got the Bach out in time from last months storm and now all they have is a garden shed and a tiny bit of land. It is threatening the next bach on road now. Sad but you cant stop nature. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sole M8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 5:46pm
Sole M8 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Haha Funny as. I might leave the boat at home Geoff and bring the quad instead. lolWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Corokingi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 7:35pm
Corokingi View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The storm providesThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki-Fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 8:28pm
Naki-Fisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome mate, Classic.
Snapper Geoff the Mokau snapper whisperer, his pets are so well trained they come up the beach to his calling. Whenever he needs a feed he goes down the beach and can catch them with his hands. 
The 20lb+ Snapper club No Longer Eludes me Broken with a 12kg new PB
Goal for the next 12 months: catch another 20lb+ Snap and watch it swim away
Hook a King LB here in the Naki.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tonga-tui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 9:34pm
tonga-tui View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice one geoff
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Striper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 2:19am
Striper View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What's going on, first your always posting the biggest snappers caught with a frequency which quite frankly is disturbing, now your not even fishing for them.
From a disgusted and a very jealous Aucklander   
All fishermen are liars except for you and me, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure about you, hahaha