kayak niue

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote powerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kayak niue
    Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 5:57pm
powerman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

HI all,im off to niue next week,am taking a rod of corseBig smile
Can you hire kayaks there?
Im hoping to get out on a charter also,have tried contacting a few but no response yet.Has anyone been recently ?I would like to know what fish to expect this time of year.Any advice would be great 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 8:10am
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi powerman, I was there a couple of weeks ago....awesome place and you should have a ball....I went out with seaturtle charters....check out the write up I did......I had a check and the dive shope there might have a yak your can hire........as it is starting to get in to whale season....you canprobably expect YWT, marlin and definately wahoo....watch out for the teeth.....have fun and look forward o your write up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote powerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 4:39pm
powerman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Awsum report Michael,im counting down the days.Am taking my top water rod,keen to do as much fishing as possible .Sounds like landbase is possible too .What lures do they like to use when trolling?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 6:20pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Haven't been there, but I'm in the process of booking a trip to the Solomons. Many of the hotels have kayaks FOC for guests. I'm not expecting a fully rigged Viking kayak, but it'll be something to get out on the water. Worth sending an email or two,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote powerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 5:52pm
powerman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Michael,forgot to ask what was the water temp there.Could you stay in for long when snorkeling .Or should we take a shorty wetsuit?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 10:52am
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi powerman...sorry for delay...charter was using skirted lures not sure of the type but with wire trace cause of the big nasty teeth the Wahoo have......

water temp was great no need for wetsuit I can onlt imagine that it would be starting to get a little warmer

you can do some LB but you are certainly waiting fr low tide to get out...agian i was staying on the west side which was pretty sheltered but there are a few other spots that you could possibly try depending on where you are staying