The all new PENN SLAMMER III reel

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The all new PENN SLAMMER III reel
    Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 8:06pm
nzfishwhisperer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

The new Penn Slammer III looks like another winner - an up grade from last years Clash.

Just as good looking, full CNC brass gearing and a heavier drag...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 8:24pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Triffic....just after buying a set of clashes! More new toys I am gunna need! Geeeeeezzzz
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 9:18pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Come on Capt. You can do it
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 8:11am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey Jas, are these in the tackle stores yet?
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 9:40am
Titanium
Titanium

I know, and I probably will.....🤕

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 2:54pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Capt Asparagus Capt Asparagus wrote:

I know, and I probably will.....🤕

New model from Penn just won ICast spinning reel of the show.
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Never Satisfied Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 3:39pm
Never Satisfied View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

whats the weight of these?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 5:00pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by PE Pete PE Pete wrote:

Hey ya Pete

Not in store yetCry - should be hitting the shelves end of Oct/Nov...gives ya time to start saving ya $$$$

Cheers Jas
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 5:02pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Never Satisfied Never Satisfied wrote:

whats the weight of these?

Hi NS

the weight should be in the little movie posted - just pause when see the spec sheetSmile

Cheers Jas
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 6:40pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by fishwisperer fishwisperer wrote:

Hey ya Pete

Not in store yetCry - should be hitting the shelves end of Oct/Nov...gives ya time to start saving ya $$$$

Cheers Jas

Yeah nah Jas am about to make a call on a reel for my new Synit VD46 so Oct/Nov might be a bit far off but looks like a choice bit of kit alright
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 9:37pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just as a matter of interest these reels were just awarded best new reel at Icast. Pretty big call for a mid priced reel, there would have been plenty of more expensive reels on show.
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 7:46pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Just as a matter of interest these reels were just awarded best new reel at Icast. Pretty big call for a mid priced reel, there would have been plenty of more expensive reels on show.
These have a bit of bling to them -

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 8:56pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

True that Jas was referring more to the fact that it beat out reels that would have double the ticket price!
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 9:34pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

These are now in the shops or at least in Marine Deals.
Anyone got one yet any feedback???
Cheers Pete
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Deano83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 6:20pm
Deano83 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey I'm looking at getting a mid priced spin rod at the moment for top water and jigging was looking at the 10k Saragossa and came across the 6500 slammer 3 was wondering if anyone has any options on the latter yet? I see on marine deals they are very similar in price and specs except for retrieve rate. Just curious on personal opinions of the slammer 3 if any yet?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 6:35pm
Titanium
Titanium

No automatic bail arm trip on the Slammer, although I dont know if the shim option does either.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Deano83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 1:45pm
Deano83 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks capt I guess the slammer 3 is still pretty new so mite take awhile for any issues to pop up with them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 2:36pm
Titanium
Titanium

I very much doubt there will be any issues, as it is a deveopment of their earlier reels, beefing up etc the Clash reels etc, which are an awesome reel.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 9:55pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Deano83 Deano83 wrote:

Hey I'm looking at getting a mid priced spin rod at the moment for top water and jigging was looking at the 10k Saragossa and came across the 6500 slammer 3 was wondering if anyone has any options on the latter yet? I see on marine deals they are very similar in price and specs except for retrieve rate. Just curious on personal opinions of the slammer 3 if any yet?

Hey Deano,
I'd recommend taking a look at Alan Hawk's reviews - he has his own website alanhawk.com. the level of detail is a bit excessive for most people, but he doesn't have any brand affiliations and calls a spade a spade.
His best lists are interesting. He really rated the new Daiwa BG reel (tested the 6500, which is a big reel) but also has high opinions of the Quantum Cabo PTSE (the bigger ones) which would be comparable in price to those you're looking at. 
He "slammed" the big Clash in his review, but hey, I'm sure there are Penn fans here who'll be lining up to buy the Slammer III.
I've got a small Clash, a Spinfisher SSV, and one of the older Slammer 260s. They seem like good reels.

Good luck with the search, it's half the fun.