Swage immortal rods

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swage immortal rods
    Posted: 19 May 2016 at 8:08pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi all, anyone got any thoughts/experience with Swage Immortal jigging rods?
Cheers Pete
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marknado4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 9:08pm
Marknado4000 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Id also like to know about the rods, have seen them and they look good, but never used.

I have a bunch of other swage stuff and it's all been top notch!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 9:47pm
Fishy11 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Marknado4000 - you don't happen to have one of their gimbal belts do you?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marknado4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 8:02am
Marknado4000 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sure do, nice bit of gear!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 12:15pm
Fishy11 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mint, yeah i'm trying to decide whether to get a new belt, thinking either the swage or mc works(mc works is $100 more though), mainly for topwater stuff but jigging as well, like 70/30.
Are they pretty comfortable? tried any others?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 12:49pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

i know rod and reel stock a bit of Swage gear, rods, jigs and gimbals. Rods look pretty good, been tested at 3 kings by Swage team last year
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote funandfunction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 9:42pm
funandfunction View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Pete, never used one or seen one but with a name like that I assume it will last like forever, like you can't kill it like , like it won't die on you at an inappropriate time , like you know you need one.
There are two types of people in the world: those that divide people into two types and those that don't.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 7:42am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by funandfunction funandfunction wrote:

Hi Pete, never used one or seen one but with a name like that I assume it will last like forever, like you can't kill it like , like it won't die on you at an inappropriate time , like you know you need one.

STOP IT!!!!
There pretty trick looking rods but keeping my powder dry for something a bit special, so special like I need one, so special like I'll have it forever, so special it will never die at any time!!
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 9:33am
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Talk to Chris at rod and reel, he has done a lot of testing of these and would be one of the most clued up people to talk to about it.
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 12:39pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Chris is in hawaii lucky sob, but Marcus and Ben will suss ya
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 12:31pm
ChrisW View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Swage make some of the best jigging tackle around.  Their gimbal belts are highly recommended, being non-metal, they are boat friendly.  I have 2 of the gimbals.   
give it death!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 6:00pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Quick update I recently bought the L spin rod which I am really impressed with. Works upto 300g jigs no problems and has a great parabolic action when loaded.
Big 👍 from me and thanks to Marcus and the boys at Rod and Reel
Tight lines
PE Pete