Awesome Day

Post Options Post Options   Likes (13) Likes(13)   Quote Adam Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awesome Day
    Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 11:45am
Adam Scott View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

With the school holidays on, mint weather and a break from kids sports for 2 weeks it was the perfect time to take a day off work and get on the water.
As well as my kids(Lola aged 7 and Hunter aged10) my parents were on the boat too which was great .
I told Hunter if you want to have a crack at a marlin on 10 then todays the day, lets not do it half arse but have 2 10s out, one on each rigger and a 24 and 37 on the flats. No more gear out as if we get lucky we will need to chase it quick.
With the gear set we looked for life...nothing...a few gannets gathered so we followed.
At 12:00 the kids were getting bored when bang..the rigger got bit, then a dorsal popped up behind the short flat...we were on a double with one on 10!
Chaos in the cockpit as gear was cleared and fish screamed line in different directions. My Mum whos mid 60s scrambbles up the front of the boat with a 37, Hunters in the chair on the 10 as we back down hard on his.
Both anglers still losing line.
Hunters got a lot out on the little TLD, not ideal on 10 but slowly we regain line for him, he did fantastic. Grandma on the bow feels her fish pull free, not a bad thing as we can now concentrate on Hunters.
We know its a good fish so the call is made to setup the gaffs.
An awesome bit of angling for a 10yr old and after an hour the fish is boat side. I get the wrap and set a fixed head gaff with the other hand. The fish still has a bit of fight but isn't going anywhere.
This was the little turds 8th marlin.
I start to reset the gear, just 2 lures popping in the wake when up pops a dorsal behind each lure!! We hook one and Grandmas on it. This fish was on 37 so there's no real stress. It puts on a great show then sounds.
We get it to the boat, tag in est 95kg, give it a we tow and set it free. Oh yeah, great day.

By this stage our anglers have had enough, Lola asks if she can have a go. I tell her that shes not up to a marlin yet, but a yellowfin would be nice.
I couldn't be arsed resetting all let gear, just 2 lures run out of the chair, that will do, cant be arsed setting anything else.
A few gannets gather, a few splashes under them, to big for skippies, to small for marlin, they look like fin, could it be? Splash on the lure, definate fin bite, you're on Lola.
She does real well, to be fair the fish was well behaved and she has her fin..fantastic.
We head in to weigh.
Lolas fin was 28.4kg, Hunters Stripey was 133.4kg on 10kg, both great fish. Both have some stories to share when back at school

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -prozac- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 12:08pm
-prozac- View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Bloody awesome, congrats guys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 12:37pm
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Too much. More than a few tales for school. I'd be well proud to get a fish that size on 10kg, let alone ast his age.
Great to see the size of the kids compared to the sandwich board.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jayr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 2:40pm
Jayr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Great day Adam.
You guys just get out there & do it!
Sweet.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 4:59pm
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thats so awesome Adam. Best memories
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 5:09pm
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

That's awesome! Well done!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plonker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 5:17pm
Plonker View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great stuff Adam and Hunter.

That marlin would have cleaned out the nationals this year !!!!!!!!

13 to 1 is an awesome marlin, most guys never get close to 10 to1.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 5:33pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wow Adam just gold to see all the family absorbing all the action, fantastic fishing and a day for all to be remembered. Well done to the kids and Nana tooClapClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote stef da maori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 9:45pm
stef da maori View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That's priceless stuff for their poppa mate. Real special. Well done
Tama tu, tama ora. Tama moe, tama mate.Maranga mai, me hiika tatou i nga wa katoa.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 10:54pm
part-timer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Fantastic effort to Hunter and Lola. Yes.. priceless to do it with 3 gens on board. In close or out wide Adam ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wayne.L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 12:47am
Wayne.L View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Brilliant, I love that stuff. Three generations out there doing it!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sea2Sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 8:06am
Sea2Sky View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Very cool! Go Hunter and Lola! Wish I could catch fish like you guys!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Adam Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 4:22pm
Adam Scott View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Jayr Jayr wrote:

Great day Adam.
You guys just get out there & do it!
Sweet.

Thanks for all the help with the weigh in John. Cheers everyone else too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 8:25pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Absolutely Awesome. The kids are dwarfed by the size of the fish. Just magic. Great effort by all.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 9:05pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

kicking ass Adam, awesomeThumbs Up
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 1:37pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Stunning stuff. Well done everyone
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeriBOI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 11:50am
KeriBOI View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is awesome. 8 Marlin wow. That kid going to have many more records! 
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote carlostairua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 9:23pm
carlostairua View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Well done guys, that's an awesome effort on 10, and some great memories to add to an already awesome collection.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KyleS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 9:39am
KyleS View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Heard you guys on the radio calling in that list of fish. Awesome!