Don't you hate it when

Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don't you hate it when
    Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 9:10pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I live in a small town and kind of know a lot of fishermen. I haven't been fishing in a very long time, maybe a whole month! Very, very bad for this time of year. Very bad indeed.

Now I am a real fish fan, one food I love more than fish is shellfish. Two days ago I was sprung buying mussels at the local supermarket.
After the usual stuff 'go get them from the beach you lazy ***' I had to think fast. Ahhh it's not worth the gas money I replied. It's not worth getting you vehicle swamped by mega waves either.

Today I was buying some more mussels and weakness overtook me. I saw some lovely salmon fillets. So I bought some. All the while furtively looking to see if there are any familiar faces. Nope all clear.

Before the purchase was complete I was sprung, buying fish, at the supermarket.

Ohhhh the shame. Still, there's not many salmon in these parts Big smile and they're going to taste mighty fine.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 9:21pm
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mussels salmon, good bait berley but u buy it from the supermarket ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Pro Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 9:45pm
Pro Fish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Have a solution Smudge :)

Countdown deliveries

You can order as much mussels, duct tape, cucumbers and vaseline as ya ever need.
Better living everyone
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 10:05pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Pro Fish Pro Fish wrote:

Have a solution Smudge :)

Countdown deliveries

You can order as much mussels, duct tape, cucumbers and vaseline as ya ever need.
Better living everyone

Great advice!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 10:10pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

the mussels in Countdown are way better than the ones from rocks around our coast, well up here "BOI" they are anyway,

but Salmond i would be worried about, more if it was smoked, i see they are pulling it all off the shelf right now.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11629409
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 12:07am
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Always pick my days when buy mussels to conside with fresh deliverys.I never buy the ones that sit in the water tanks that empty in and out. They tend to be dead very fast.The spray vats keep them fresher longer. .my experience. Packnsave
The People Protest

Actions Speak Louder Than Words    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 9:19am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thats forgivable Smudge--just.  Now if it was Gurnard you were buying that would be a cause for concernLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 10:39am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

mussels can be well worth buying,we do it often but never fish unless from the fish monger at manukau mall