Briny Bar Clean Out

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Briny Bar Clean Out
    Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 8:42pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I'm going to spend the next half hour moving stuff out of the Briny Bay into the Fisheries Management forum. Please try to post your stuff in the appropriate forumsConfused
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 11:18am
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I don't usually participate in that stuff. But I am disappointed that its being pushed "out of sight". I feel that management arguments should be in Briny Bar, so its as easy to see as possible, so it gets the attention of more fishers. If they don't want to look at it, they don't have to.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 12:55pm
like_to_strike View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I oftenly read this forum from the very first posts to the the up to date posts and what really sticks out is the absolute wealth of knowledge openly offered by a handfull of people. they were around for years, the numbers of these people grew and any questions asked were answered by open minded people with a wealth of knowledge.
As the political posts started showing up and 'sensitive' people joined, these people slowly dissapeared.
There is obviosly still some around but the site is a shadow of its former self....
I find myself less and less oftenly checking the site. (Used to be twice a day atleast)

While i agree these topics need to be discussed and they are what we as a community need to be addressing they seem to be forced down peoples throats. Each topic turns into an arguement/s@#t throwing contest... its the usual suspects too. then they post on other peoples topics with the same crap just pushing people away instead of getting them on side, its counter productive isnt it? An unbiased political post is rare, they always seem to be skewed like pugwash always complaining about coms, i must hand it to him as he was relentless but truth be told it seemed like excuses as to why he doesnt catch anything....

I can see what the moderators are trying to do, keep it clean, positive an constructive, like the good ole days. I couldnt do it, seems to much like being a teacher trying to keep the kids in line(lets be honnest men are just big kids with money!)
Such a shame how a few can ruin a good thing.

Its a real eye opener looking through the old stuff vs now.

Peace out!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 12:58pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I like your style like_to_strike
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 1:14pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Could be a opening to resurrect The Trophy Cabinet forums,have a couple of candidates in mind??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 1:15pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Like to strike, Ive been a member here since the site was started. I left 2 years ago because of the rubbish and personal attacks on people (not on myself) Some that had stayed in contact with me had commented that this site had lost some of those stirrers and Ive been visiting for the last few weeks from time to time. I have noticed a big improvement in people being able to discuss a point without becoming personal but there is still a bit of it going on, can never stop it all, but it has improved a lot.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 2:26pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Hi Barrie, nice to see you posting again,

yes your right, instead of having a go at someone, way better and more constructive to give them a answer which relates to their reply,
accusing them of being whatever is just asking for an attack on oneself.

i cringe these days when i see it, too old for that BS.
but then i try really hard to promote the truth with back up like a web site,

as much as i dont like the way Tzer reacts sometimes to some posts he has a point of thumping it home if he knows your wrong, i've come to respect him more for it. and have taken note to be carefull how i word things,

take a deep breath and slow down, think about what your trying to say, write without malice or making it personal,    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 3:53pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And be prepared to change your mind as who ever your debating things with will believe their argument as strongly as you believe in yours
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 4:06pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

hahaha yeah LOL i to am wrong sometimes, i dont mind being told that either,

take it like a man and say your sorry, peace of mind really.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BigMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 4:14pm
BigMike View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Barrie Barrie wrote:

And be prepared to change your mind as who ever your debating things with will believe their argument as strongly as you believe in yours

This is the key!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 4:27pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Well we should never be afraid to express an opinion but there is a time and place and of course it helps not to get abusive and personal. A particular bugbear of mine are people getting all bristly about people who post up pictures of legal catches in fishing reports because in their opinion that person is being greedy.

While that is their opinion, it's much better to state their preference in a new thread instead of climbing all over someone because they've had a good catch. All that achieves is people don't want to post reports any more.

In the last week I've been accused of  being a brown_nose, only interested in money (wtf?? Big smile),  A Nazi, an inconsistent tyrant (true!Pig), a fudgeman, not understanding the rights to freedom of speech as outlined in the Bill of Rights (dammit you mean anyone can say anything on any public forum even though they have rules???)ummmm ohh and a whole lot more that I can't recall, apart from cronyism, I mustn't forget that.

All from what I suspect is two people. Of course Lethal & Barrie are both fine gents and even if their posts are moved there's no drama from them.

There are one or two groups I belong to where I cringe at the misinformation and abuse so I don't offer advice there.

Fishing knowledge online has a great ring to it eh and it's the strength of fishing.net

Believe me it is only a very small percentage of people that require any intervention and most are fine with it.

Keep posting away good people Thumbs Up.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 4:41pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice to see you back on the forum barrie.

Welcome back.Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 5:24pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Good to see you back on board Barrie~~choiceBig smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 5:39pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Where is Moggy?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 5:44pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

Where is Moggy?

Maybe Pugwash knows, but you'll have to ask him quick while he's here.  He doesn't seem to stay for long these days.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 6:09pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Come on Barrie, hang around a but more eh! You're always welcome here man!
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 6:19pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Personal attacks aren't the kiwi way.fishing is about getting out enjoying yourself and catching a nice feed,learning new stuff ,havng a laugh and feeling good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 7:15pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

True that Godders, I'm sure I have had a word to you and you're pretty resilient Big smile. Yepp Barrie is a great guy. I can vouch for that but so are must of you here.

For those of you who are wondering, Moggy is not Pugwash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 7:20pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah I get personal attacks on here at work at home and in the mirror .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 7:29pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

It's the guy in the mirror we should all worry about.
Page  12>