ZMan - 10" Heroz Large soft plastics

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZMan - 10" Heroz Large soft plastics
    Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 7:39pm
Fishy11 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Anyone know if the 10inch ZMan soft plastics are available in NZ?
Have looked on the net with no luck, no 8inch either.

Have seen Paul sr(Ocean Angler) with them in a video on facebook a while back, but noted they were as a give away at a topcatch store, and not for sale.

Wanting larger plastics for kings & other pelagics here in NZ, and also for various species on overseas fishing trips i do( GT's/coral trout / red bass / tuna / macks etc).

Can source them ex Australia or US but thought i'd ask on here before going down that route in case someone knows something i don't regarding these / stockists.

Cheers.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 7:49pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wouldn't be too hopeful, they've only recently started selling the 7inch shadz. I could be wrong but oz would be your most local option. I did a couple of stock ups early last year when the dollar was pretty much on par just for shapes, sizes and colours that weren't available here. Make sure you get some 9inch Grubz in motor oil.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 7:57pm
Fishy11 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah was pretty much my thoughts, don't know why they do stuff like that, bring in some but not others.

Have a couple of shops in Oz i get a bit of gear off from time to time so would say thats gona be the go, have you had decent success with the 9inch grubs? and on what? - if you don't mind me asking?

Have used 8inch shad type ones, various brands on Aus trips- absolute dynamite on reef species, just jigging up from the bottom, when i want a break from chucking topwater lures.

Will get a heap of heavy duty TT jigheads while im at it too, if theres no NZ option on the plastics.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 8:12pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The 9inch Grubz get plenty of attention from snaps and kings nothing huge at this stage(snaps to about 16lb). I liked the tt headlocks quite a lot but not as strong as the nitros.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 8:16pm
Fishy11 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good stuff, might give em a try then.
Yeah i use mustard jig heads for smaller stuff, and only used the TT's for tropical species / larger stuff but have seen the larger size nitros and they seem to look alright(decent guage wire for XL fish).
Thanks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fenien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 7:54am
Fenien View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Check out Gofish .Greg had some of the large Tiki Man baits in stock a while ago.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 1:24pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have previously ordered some of the big Z Man grubs - including Motor Oil - from anglerswarehouse.com.au - they are based at Tweed Heads and do a good flat rate shipping cost to NZ, arrives in about three days. They deduct GST for international sales, so at the moment that pretty much eliminates the exchange rate factor. Very reliable, too. I read that the snapper winner in the Beach and Boat a couple of years ago caught it on one of the Z Man grubs (pink?).
I saw some of the big grubs in a bargain bin at the Top Catch in Half Moon Bay a little while ago.

I've also ordered Z Mans from the US (tacklewarehouse.com and protacklesolutions.com). They do free shipping to US addresses, so you just need to sign up to a NZ Post You Shop account (which is a US mailing address in Portland), and it's about $NZ20 to get the lures back here. YouShop charge in NZ dollars.
At $US3.99 a packet for some lures, it's a steal compared to the best retail cost available in NZ - which is usually $12.99 with a Smart Marine card. And you have a much bigger range to choose from, including colours and styles we don't get here.
Protacklesolutions has some big shad and paddle tail Z Mans which I imagine would do the business on pelagics.