Its ROD & REEL time, suggestions.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hotddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Its ROD & REEL time, suggestions.
    Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 1:00pm
Hotddog View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Suggestions please for an all-round unit?

Rod in particular to be used for both beach and rock casting.

What length?
brand?

Anything to watch out for? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SHIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 2:51pm
SHIN View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

How about 12ft penn prevail and shimao baitrunner D 12000 or penn spinfisher 85000 ssv live liner?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Surf_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 2:48pm
Surf_fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

if you can find an abu garcia veritas that one shorter than 14 foot I would recommend that I have one with the low rider guides and it is an awesome rod and I can use either overhead or spin reels on it. As for the reel the shimano ultegra 14000xsc is a good reel and has some serious stopping power with its 20kg of drag only negative about it is that it does not have the bait runner. The penn prevail is another good option for fishing rod load it up right and it will cast a good distance for you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bungel_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 12:44am
Bungel_ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have a 10footer that i use for both Beach and Rock fishing... i think its something like a 10-15kg or 8-12kg. Something like that.

You dont need anything longer than 10 foot for off the rocks, and you can still get some decent distance casting off the beach. 2 piece would be fine.

I would be looking at a baitfeeder reel, and get yourself 2 spools. Load one with something like 12kg for off the rocks, and 6-8kg for off the beach.

here fishy, fishy fishy.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rock Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 4:32am
Rock Fish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by SHIN SHIN wrote:

How about 12ft penn prevail and shimao baitrunner D 12000 or penn spinfisher 85000 ssv live liner?

I use the prevail 12 foot 2 piece with my shimano baitrunner 12000D and it's beast. I've near enough folded the rod in half and it's handled without a problem.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 7:21am
Betty Boop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I use a 20yr old 3.6mtr pen something with $35 warehouse reel or a 12000d shimano😃
Last week I joined an Anti-Social support group........They won't talk to me!

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount