Vanuatu November tournament

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MasterJigBuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vanuatu November tournament
    Posted: 20 Nov 2005 at 10:22am
MasterJigBuilder View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The annual Port Vila Game Fishing Club Tournament happens next week and it should be a great time to fish.

Several species count for points and maximum line class this year is 24 kg. 2 days of fishing (26/27th) with lines in at 0600 and out at 1600.

Only Vanuatu or world record fish will be captured and it looks like switch baiting on 15 kg will be the major strategy for those wanting to rack up maximum points on marlin or sails.

Will post a report after the event.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2005 at 10:43am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

MJB,

Hope all is going well - we are heading to Vanuatu on May the 7th thru to around the 21st for The ITM Fishing Show Challenge...

Hope to catch up with you for an ale or three....do you have contacts for anyone that might be interested in being an official weighmaster up there for our comp days which are the 9th - 13th inclusive? 4pm-6pm.

let me know mate...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MasterJigBuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2005 at 3:32pm
MasterJigBuilder View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Kerren. Going very well thanks.

Tell me some more about the challenge. Heard it is coming up this a while ago. No details as yet.

Species to be targeted? Points scoring system to be used? Return to base each day? Base location at the end of each fishing day? Prizes - what kind?

We might even donate a couple of our new hand carved fish bats for special awards. I designed these bats and they are magnificent (IMHO). See below:

new hand carved fish bats from Demon Jigs

Throw me the full tourny picture and then I can answer your question. There are a couple of sets of certified scales so that part is easily covered.

Over at the ITM Show board, Demon Jigs have also have offered to donate some HD 400 lb wire assists if anglers are planning on jigging. You'll need em if big doggies are in the scope.