Big Snaps measured released. Mokau!!

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (11) Likes(11)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Snaps measured released. Mokau!!
    Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 9:52pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi All, been a bit of a wait since last time out but todays fishing more than made up for it! Teamed up with my brother Mick and we hit the water around 9 am. Fished usual area but a bit closer in as a strong offshore wind was up making a bit of a chop on top.

Was a waiting game today nothing of size turned up until around two hours passed. In the meantime caught a variety on sabiki rigs, including some nice Trevally, so had plenty of bait. Finally some Strayline action as the tide was half in with good current running. First couple were 5 kg fish which is a good indication there would be bigger ones amongst them. 

We decided any biggies today a quick photo on measure and would give releasing ago as two of us on board. One of My lines had a big Trevally head and underbelly baited up. It did the damage with a huge run!, i let it go heaps before setting the hook and settled in for a five odd minute fight getting the Snap to net. Was a perfect conditioned fish i put at 10.5 to 11 kg.we unhooked lay out mat quick photo and back in to swim away! Just on 83 cm. 

That was best for the day but let two more go around 20 lbs without measuring. Came in shortly after with five fish we kept in the 5 kg range. Tomorrow I'm taking out another Forum Member for his first Mokau Experience and would love to put him on a good Snapper or two! I look forward to his post if i can pull the goods. Fingers Crossed! Couple of photo's from today- Good one on measure,being released, and another just before releasing......Cheers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 10:00pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shot Geoff.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote REIVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 10:43pm
REIVER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Relentlessly awesome fishing!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 11:02pm
part-timer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nice work...  

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingfishers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 3:18am
kingfishers View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

awesome
"My mind has gone fishing, ask all questions tomorrow"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 4:55am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just another day at the office Geoff.god stuff
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ROCKSTARS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 5:38am
ROCKSTARS View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Swell done that's a great looking fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 6:13am
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice fish....
A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 6:45am
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Big snappers! Big trev bait, nice.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 7:03am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's not a fluke, eh!Thumbs Up
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TW2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 10:42am
TW2 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Those Trev heads are awesome for big Snaps!  Right up there with Kahawhai heads!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 6:04pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Nice one Geoff and yet another good entry for the DB Export NZ Fishing Comp - great stuff.  'Liked'
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Johnny Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 9:23pm
Johnny Watson View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That's a stonker Geoff ! Great to see it go back to do its thing. Definitely puts a smile on the dial. And a couple 20's to boot    . Liked
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 9:35pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ocean90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 10:07pm
ocean90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice release great looking fish man well done Cool
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CEEBEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 5:26pm
CEEBEE View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome fush Geoff.
I STARTED THE DAY WITH NO FISH AND I STILL HAVE PLENTY LEFT
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brimel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 7:37pm
Brimel View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Geoff

If weather had been right last weekend those snapper would probably have cleaned up our Waikato Sport Fishing Club Comp you were keen on!!! But then again more fishos would have got out of Raglan and may have given you a run for your money. That is a big maybe!!!Thumbs Up

Well done again.
Brian
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 9:30pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Brimel Brimel wrote:

Hi Geoff

If weather had been right last weekend those snapper would probably have cleaned up our Waikato Sport Fishing Club Comp you were keen on!!! But then again more fishos would have got out of Raglan and may have given you a run for your money. That is a big maybe!!!Thumbs Up

Well done again.
Brian
Hi Brian, Had plans of entering the other comp as well in Kawhia on that weekend. Its great that these type of Comps give fisho's a chance to fish there home patch and drive a few hours or so to weigh in meet others and hope be in the running for a prize! Sure i got a couple of good ones few days later, but on a nice day if  all boats were able to fish out West during Comp there would of been alot more big fish caught by all! Thanks for your help regarding entering, will give it a crack next year. Cheers....   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki-Fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 4:38pm
Naki-Fisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done mate

The 20lb+ Snapper club No Longer Eludes me Broken with a 12kg new PB
Goal for the next 12 months: catch another 20lb+ Snap and watch it swim away
Hook a King LB here in the Naki.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 5:18pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

a good keen man, awesome result.Hug
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Page  12>