Fc boats are the best lets face it.

Page  123 5>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fc boats are the best lets face it.
    Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 8:33pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Fc boats will become as iconic as Parkercraft.these boats are becoming more and more common a

nd so they shoul
d.gamechangers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sambosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 8:47pm
Sambosi View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

no boat is the best.  it depends on the individual\family and what they want out of a boat.

i don't believe fc boats have made my fantasy 50ft launch yet have they?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 9:06pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

..........Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 9:27pm
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

mate they are good but there is so much choice out there they that they will struggle to dominate the market like parker craft did back in the day.
For me the stand alone kiwi ion since the days of the parker craft  was the stabi craft. They set things alight in the 80s. then of course fryan had there turn/. Fc have a way to go to catch up to those 2 brands. You should get a bite out of this thread'
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 9:49pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Dunno really about fc being the best, but my buccaneer is pretty good
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Juan night only Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 9:52pm
Juan night only View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Godders Godders wrote:

Fc boats will become as iconic as Parkercraft.these boats are becoming more and more common a

nd so they shoul
d.gamechangers.

How would they rate next to the boat you were going to design and build?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 10:13pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The cloaking device and hyperdrive system are coming along nicely just need the self filleting station and cow prod/crowd despenser with self cleaning and reverse ej
ector seat to meet osh stan
dards
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 10:13pm
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by puff puff wrote:

There's a man who knows what he is talking about.....Wink
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 11:54pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I was talking about boats with someone recently, and I honestly believe that there are no crap boats being built in NZ at the moment.  The market simply wouldn't stand it, they would go bust in no time at all.  I was at the boat show this year in the market for a 5.5-6m aluminium boat, and the choice was huge.  If I had included fiberglass boats as well the choice would have been even bigger.  There is something out there to suit almost any budget and to do whatever you want.  No boat is perfect, it's a question of choosing the best boat for your personal requirements.

Personally I bought an FC595.  Is it the best boat in the world?  who knows, and who cares.  It was the best boat for me, which is more important.

There is no "best boat", otherwise everyone would buy one and all the other boat builders would go out of business.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 7:34am
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Olfart Olfart wrote:

Originally posted by puff puff wrote:

There's a man who knows what he is talking about.....Wink

Olfart you make me blush, but of course a fibreglass boat is just so much more.... Nicer...
My wife likes fibreglass boats, so there goes fc boats out the door....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Don18025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 7:40am
Don18025 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Godders, my gamechanger was launching my own 30 footer in 2004.
Not likely to ever consider a FC boat, no matter how cheap they are.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cashedup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 8:10am
Cashedup View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Depends what your personal requirements are really. I think the FC boats have quite a few nice features and are pretty economically priced for an Ali boat.
Are they the most well finished? - No.
Are they the coolest looking? - Probably not, personally I think the way the gunnels extend out around the bow is bloody ugly! As I think the live bait hold looks cheap, just looks like a bit of ali plate bent over someone's knee and welded in. Might be practical, but then to make it look pretty would just add more cost to the boat.
Are they going to be as soft and quiet to ride in as a nice big glass boat? - No, but then that nice big glass boat might not be as practical for towing round and coastal fishing as a little Ali.
So are FC boats the best full stop? NO!
Are they best choice for some people? - absolutely.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 8:54am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ahhhhhh......no. I don't think so.
The cheapest? Yeah, probably.

Edit:- Come to think of it, you may not be far wrong. The parkercraft were the introduction of alli to the NZ market really, they were banged out cheap and nasty, riveted hulls that after a while tended to leak a bit, but in the days of lower expectations and generally small boats, they were acceptable, especially given their cheapness and very lightweight construction made them easy to tow behind the generally low powered cars of those days, so really they were an everymans knock about disposable boat.
But they were never a boat people aspired to. They were a tinny for the kids to mess about in, or to drag over the rocks to launch, basically something you could knock the crap out of without any dramas.
Boating in NZ has moved on so much from those times it is almost unrecognisable. In the sixties seventies and most of the eighties, most boats were 14-16ft, a 16 footer was a decent big boat. An 18footer...mate! A bloody big boat! These days I bet most boat sales are in the 6m range, the finish is far superior, the tow vehicles by and large are far superior, etc etc etc, whether they be glass or tin.
But the bottom end of the market, the cheap and ....well, maybe not nasty, but certainly not superior build quality, boats...yes, that is the parkercraft end of the market back in Ye olde dayes, and yep, I guess that is where the FC boats would fit in now.
But the best.....ha! Errrmmmmm, the best approximation of the old parkercraft on the market these days, yeah, maybe.
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 9:47am
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Seems to me there is a move to smaller boats around the 5 mtr. There is a lot of alloy boat builders out there now, many of who have worked for the bigger brands and left for what ever reason and started up on their own. Look at the Frewza boats, great boat good price and I hear the builder is ex Stabicraft.

Alloy boats are very easy the customise so things like the FC live bait tank can be copied very quickly.

In NZ Glass boats have a very expensive set up cost making and designing a mould and are generally hand manufactured. IMO you can get a much better ride not only because of the weight but because of the hull design.

I seen the big factory glass boat setups like Bayliner, produced on an assembly line in large numbers. Changes in composite tech like vac forming will make glass boats cheaper but the customising will still be limited.

I own a tinny cause I fish a lot in mussel farms and it takes a beating, but if I was to buy a family fishing boat it would be glass.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hookerpuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 10:37am
hookerpuka View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I love my Trophy!!! Kiwi's seem to judge the best by who's the first to race to the bottom. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 11:53am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

See a few F.C boats at the ramp. Look like nice functional ,stable boats and content owners.

But Godders about a year back you talked about dropping a line into Kelly Tarltons. Maybe even after all the fines it is the cheapest way to go. No boat required.
Once you own a boat it is the beginning of the downward spiral.
It wont end with the 12 foot tinny. Before long you will hear of far off workups and giant Marlin.
Then you will want a bigger boat. The love affair will begin and that is the beginning of sorrows.
Your wife will say you love your boat more than her. You will know this when you have morning coffee with the boat and not her. And your neighbours territorial cat will smell the fish and begin to piss all over it. Your wife will say whats that smell. At that point she may leave for a surfcaster.
You will lie awake at night hearing every sound thinking someone is after your boat. So you will build a huge shed to hide it. That and all the fishing gear will see your bank account spiral down.
But you will also tire of that. You will want the ultimate
Then one day you will have it made. Your super yacht will be berthed at St Tropez. Jack Nicholson and the crowd around for drinks. You can stroll down Quai de lEpi, recline in a bar sipping your Pina Colada in the evening glow, waiting to see which celebs arrive tonight.
And then you will realize that what began with that 12 foot tinny is all vanity and illusion.
You will come home ,buy your F.C 390 and live the dream happily ever after.
But even then there will be perils. They come as fishing mates. They can be the best or the worst. Beware.
True life experience happened to me just two weeks ago. Back from fishing my "fishing mate" had all these gungy plastic bait bags he had brought along. Sent him off to find a rubbish bin. He couldnt find one. So without telling me he put them in the car behind the passengers seat. Smelly plastic bags and a half bag of unused squid. And yes he forgot about them.
Three days later with the car locked up and sitting in the hot sun she my wife gets in the car.
Cannot repeat the barrage of garbled words that came my way,but after she calmed down she said what did you do to the car.
Still getting rid of the smell and even the cat wont go near it.Smile
So be warned-the peril of boats.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pro Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 1:05pm
Pro Fish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Don't rate the transom design on FC boats what so ever.
Limits the overall waterline without an outboard pod on the 5m and less variants

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 2:42pm
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Choke. My wakas bigger then yours
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 4:19pm
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I thought this would get a few bites each to there own.every one gave me s... when I said my aqua line 495 was the best, I still think it will take on all challengers ..?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 5:28pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

definitely the new parkercraft of the ally world, so i can see his point. but price wise i personally think they are well outside the price of parkercraft or fyran.

its each to their own to judge value for money.

i certainly love the fc600 shape though :-)
Page  123 5>