Fc boats are the best lets face it.

Page  <1234 5>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 6:03pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Don't know about the best boat in the world? More importantly my FC is the best boat in my driveway ,thats for sure . To avoid congestion the Haines Hunter is on my spare section next door. The FC get's used about 3 times to 1 for the HH. Suits my solo fishing missions perfectly . The built in livie tank so simple but effective. A lot of boat in 3.9 m.Tick's a lot of boxes , I scored mine from the recent boat show also . 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 7:33pm
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by corokid corokid wrote:

Don't know about the best boat in the world? More importantly my FC is the best boat in my driveway ,thats for sure . To avoid congestion the Haines Hunter is on my spare section next door. The FC get's used about 3 times to 1 for the HH. Suits my solo fishing missions perfectly . The built in livie tank so simple but effective. A lot of boat in 3.9 m.Tick's a lot of boxes , I scored mine from the recent boat show also . 

what size motor do you run and could you fish 2 up on your 390 ,does it handle the chop
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 7:49pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Pretty silly thread I hope started in jest. For me ally boats leave me cold because of the (usually) ugly styling and the fit and finish which always seems low rent especially inside.  Wouldn't mind a Dickey though!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 11:16pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by rahui rahui wrote:

Originally posted by corokid corokid wrote:

what size motor do you run and could you fish 2 up on your 390 ,does it handle the chop

Hi rahui
I am running the motor I had on my smart wave 350 , decided to sell the hull and keep motor as it's a beauty . Yamaha 20hp 4stroke , electric start and tilt on a tiller. Have the battery and tote tank on port side which balances my weight a little , the tote tank is forward a bit secured under the port fwd pedestal . Rides nice and comfy one up. Can fish 2 very comfy as set up with two seats .Still goes well getting on plane no worries. Motor already had one of those SE200 sport foil tabs fitted. Even with two it gets on plane with ease.I like the flat open cheque plate floor plan , no thwart seats to step over , heaps of dry storage under the bow too.
How does it handle a chop? The boat has very good stability which is achieved by a moderate vee and hull design to a certain degree. If you were to push it into a sharp steep slop it would pound for sure. I have been around boats long enough to know the compromise and limitations to drive it accordingly .
I thought the 3.5 smart wave was not a bad boat for what it was , but the FC390 is a considerable step up.
Definitely the best boat I have owned in that size bracket. I dealt with Redfinger from here via the boat show. Good guy to deal with and organised the boat to be shifted to Hamilton branch for me to collect free of charge . It suited the road trip I did at the time to help out the guy that bought my smart wave , he came up fro Napier.
Think  I covered your questions plus a bit more , give me an inch and I take the whole ruler ayeLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 2:46am
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers for that' the 390 sounds like a very nice unit
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 9:48am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The question to answer the statement that the FC boats are the best, would be to ask- if you had 150k to spend on a trailerboat, any trailerboat, but nothing else, no saving money for gas, mortgage reduction or anything else, just purely boat money, would you get an Fc boat, or a custom made boat, or a white pointer or something else? If you would still opt for the FC boat, then yes, you think they are the best boats there are.
If you think."...hmmmm, .." ...then you are obviously compromising to fit your budget. And that would indeed fit the idea that they are the modern equivalent of the parkercraft.
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 11:07am
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I think they really mean they are the best value for money which is a big statement, very competitive market. I like them and rate them for what they are, good value kiwi boats. solid construction good design, not sure on transom, they definitely would get the new commers award over the last couple of years

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 3:59pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice point Captain Asparagus. I'll espouse the benefits of 3.5m Smartwaves to all who will listen, but if you gave me 150k for a boat and nothing else, then I'd be thinking:

Sealegs (Would be a first choice, but I'm guessing the ownership costs would be prohibitive for the hydraulics.)

AMF/Westcoaster 

Tristram (for the family.)

The only factor for a sub 5m boat would be the engine maintenance and solo launching.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 8:57pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I thought about it 150k hell I could get a bigger Surtees.
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapperz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 8:57pm
Snapperz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I rather like the look of the 565 Billfishers that Mastertech have on TM right now. And no I dont work for them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 5:53pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting comments, the FC 675  was recently reviewed by The NZ fishing news and was rated by Sam Mossman.

One of my business contacts is in the market for a boat of this size, he has been in most the tinnies of this size, AMF, White Pointer, Surtees, Stabi, Everyman, his take on the matter, the FC 675 is as good a ride as any and better than most, we are not talking east coast mill ponds but genuine west coast 15/20knots and bar crossing thrown in, in his words it's a lot of boat for the money.

No, I am nothing to do with FC, I'm a glass man.

Cheers 
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MikeAqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 6:15pm
MikeAqua View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No disrespect to FC, but when do boating writers ever review a boat they don't like?

I haven't read a boat review in the last 5 years that was negative about the boat being reviewed and I read a lot of reviews.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 6:26pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not just boats, I've never read a review in any fishing mag of anything that wasn't positive. Makes it a bit pointless reviewing something.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MikeAqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 9:13pm
MikeAqua View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Advertorial I think it's called ...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 9:26pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Most buyers use the review as a starting point, only a fool would buy a substantial item without a test run.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 10:31am
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I am a firm believer in the "Peanuts" & "Monkey" theorem
You get nuthin for nuthin these days.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MikeAqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 10:43am
MikeAqua View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I agree.  A boat should always be test driven before purchase.

But I don't see how that excuses non-objective reviews?

Originally posted by feeder feeder wrote:

Most buyers use the review as a starting point, only a fool would buy a substantial item without a test run.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boxee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 11:06am
Boxee View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sponsored content, that's why you never hear anything negative.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 11:31am
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Boats tests are always "On a blustery Hauraki Gulf Day - with a 1m chop"... when in reality it's always variable 5 knots with a 10cm ripple! They are a bit of a joke IMO, they should hold them in Wellington!
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MikeAqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 11:43am
MikeAqua View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Which is fine as long as the publisher has the integrity to print  "Advertorial" along the top.  Especially if the magazine isn't free.

Originally posted by Boxee Boxee wrote:

Sponsored content, that's why you never hear anything negative.
Page  <1234 5>