Spearo Boat Layout

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salt fly Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spearo Boat Layout
    Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 7:57am
salt fly Dan View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi all

I'm in the process of fitting out a 4.5m figlass scamp for spearfishing out of.
just wondering what some must haves are in your spearo boat?

I've already torn all the vinyl and carpet out and painted the decks and added foam mat to the floor for ease of cleaning. got a massive fish bin sorted. 
do I need gun racks?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Teezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 12:59pm
Teezer View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

In my 4.2m ally pontoon boat, the 2 main things I have found you need are:
1) Off the floor storage for guns - my solution has been a section of PVC pipe rather elegantly cable tied off the rocket launcher.  Once set up, we leave the floats attached and in the rear well so if anything goes into the drink we can pick it up again.
2) Off the floor storage for fins, belts and gear.  I have yet to solve this 100%, but at present it means fins are slid down either side of the widthways-fitting chillybin, and snorkels/ gloves etc put in net bags, attached to float and stored on top of fuel totes in the rear well. Weight belts go up front in the anchor bin to help with weight distribution

In a small boat keeping the clutter down, and a method for you and others to follow regarding gearup up, and gearing down, is the key.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SpearoMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 1:24pm
SpearoMike View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Any photos teezer?
here fishy fishy.......... ><(((((º> ............><(((((º>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bad uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 2:20pm
Bad uncle View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I try to be tidy, but it always ends up messy.

I've got my chilly bin that sits in some custom alloy brackets so it doesn't move. Likewise with the battery and fuel. My fins fit nicely down the side of the bin, with mask and snorkel in footpockets. Plats sit in front of bins, and weights go wherever they are needed.

That's how it starts off anyways!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bad uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 2:21pm
Bad uncle View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I use to have guns in a pvc pipe, but driving to fast, and in the rough stuff, it broke. Guns are happy on the floor, they don't bang around like they did in the pipe
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote red rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 8:15pm
red rooster View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I've cut two holes in the bow end of my gunnels for spear guns, work well ( if you have gunnels) also I have some solid rubber matting so it doesn't soak up water/weight. .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote red rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 8:20pm
red rooster View Drop Down
Silver
Silver