Dive bottle fills south auckland

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dive bottle fills south auckland
    Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 10:39pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm in Pukekohe and looking for somewhere that does dive bottle fills...
I'm not a diver, looking at bringing my paintball gun out of retirement which runs on a small HPA tank, since there is a new paintball field at kingseat... The guy at the "hooked on fishing" shop in pukekohe a few years back used to fill it for free but he went out of business many years ago... There is a hunting and fishing store opening soon but I don't think they will do dive bottle fills
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DiveDR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 9:30pm
DiveDR View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

You can bring it up to us at the Dive Doctor in Mt Wellington or GoDive in takanini may be able to do it for you. The new Hunting and Fishing shop in Pukekohe will be able help you once they open as they will have a compressor.

I like you remark about the last guy doing it for free but is now out of business.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 12:26pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks mate, yeah the guy that shut down was running his own shop and it was only a once off fill for me as its only a 68ci tank he didn't charge. Unfortunately many people like him have gone out of business because they just can't keep up with the likes of the bigger chain stores like top catch etc, seen it happen many times.
Anyway, what would you guys charge to fill my tank?

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Got-ya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 7:48am
Got-ya View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by coxie coxie wrote:

Thanks mate, yeah the guy that shut down was running his own shop and it was only a once off fill for me as its only a 68ci tank he didn't charge. Unfortunately many people like him have gone out of business because they just can't keep up with the likes of the bigger chain stores like top catch etc, seen it happen many times.
Anyway, what would you guys charge to fill my tank?

Cheers
Not quite true. That shop actually made a good profit. but the Malcolm?, who was the owner and run the shop wanted to retire and do more fishing himself. He tried to sell it but had no takers so just sold off his stock and closed it down. Pretty sure the new H&F store in Puke is going to do dive fills but not sure if that part is running yet.
THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF FISHERMAN, THOSE WHO FISH FOR SPORT AND THOSE THAT CATCH SOMETHING.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3rnzir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 11:52am
3rnzir View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep,H&F Puke compressor up and running for several weeks now.
Always thought that the Caltex station at the Bombay turn off would make a great tank fill spot.
Great parking for boats/trucks just off MWay heading/returning to Coro/BoP for Aucklanders.
Peace.Via superior firepower..