Failed attempt caught on camera

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OTK Lure fishing NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Failed attempt caught on camera
    Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 6:44pm
OTK Lure fishing NZ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Woke up Saturday morning to watch the rugby, looked out the window, " what the hell is my boat doing half way out the driveway"...

I was woken up around 4am with a loud bang, still in a daze I heard a car start up and drive off, a couple mins later the cat came in so I decided to get up and feed her. At that time I never looked out the window but the pantry light came on while getting cat food out.

I went back to bed and rose again at 7, and is when I saw my boat half way down the driveway. A few things then became apparent. Icy tec had fallen off the seat when these mongrels were pushing my boat out. Which woke me up... The outboard was jammed on the cobbles, I had taken the battery out a couple weeks back for a charge and store so they were unable to lift motor via hydraulics.

The boat had either run away on them, or when the outboard hit the ground it made the trailer via off and push the end of the trailer between the gate and the post wedging itself in tight. There was no way it was being pushed back up the hill. At this point it was obvious they couldn't lift the trailer and hitch it up due to the outboard jammed on the ground, my tow ball lock was also on there so they still had a fair bit of work to do.

Our neighbour had his boat pinched a couple years back and now has his place under camera, his cameras pick up our colder sack and the entry to my gate. We have got 2 shady characters..... Car rolling down the road with lights off.... One of the idiots stood in front of the camera while having a cigy, cheers for the photo. Reversed their car up while another guy was trying to turn my boat around on my front lawn... The cheek of these guys.

Once the icy tec had fallen over due to the boat running through the gate, I may have interrupted them when feeding the cat. There was no way they were getting the boat down the bottom of the driveway with the outboard down so I have been very fortunate not to lose my pride and joy. Had just paid insurance last week aswell. Neighbours are putting the footage on hard drive for me and the police.

Boat is now parked up beside my bedroom, my Pajero parked in front with alarm on, new chain and lock on gate. Keep the outboard down hahahaha. I am glad they never figured out how to lift it. Will keep you posted if we get anything from the video footage.
Think like the fish, breath like the fish. I AM THE FISH!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 6:58pm
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Oh, that's another one, almost stolen. Mine was recently stolen from Rotorua - where are you.

Ive gone off tow coupling locks, as I think they can tow the boat without removing the lock.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 7:16pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Death to the thieves. Period.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OTK Lure fishing NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 7:17pm
Silver
Silver

Westharbour, Auckland. They are real keen. I only needed to look out the window and would have seen them. Once I get a few photos I am going up the rd to the local Mobil gas station. I am a regular there and they will check for any cars on their camera. They must have staked it out. With the calm weather all week they hit it sat morn in the wind n rain. Waiting for the right time.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 9:44pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Be cool if you can put video or face shot on here , never know , someone might recognise them. Facebook seems to be a good thing too.

Years back when we lived in Auckland , I was away at sea at the time , my wife who is a very light sleeper actually  heard the slightest noise of the blue tarp being lifted off my boat. She walked out onto the deck on 2nd story , which is only accessed from above so safe. 
She was an A grade tennis player at the time , pretty mean serve on her actually. She had one of her rackets with her that was kept under the bed. Seeing two shadows next to my outboard she let out a scream that woke all the neighbours whilst throwing the racket at the shadows. All those years of training payed off with an 'ACE'. The racket sailed above the first guys head spinning as it went . Whilst the 2nd guy was looking up to see where the scream come from when the racket caught him fair square on the forehead . The guy dropped , there were more screams coming above , neighbours lights coming on and dogs barking. The first guy tripped over his mate initially then they both staggered away , one slightly worse for wear. Amazingly they still managed to get away , the neighbour although elderly cruised the block a few times with no luck. Unbelievibly , well maybe not , the cops turned up about 8 hours later.
Lesson learnt , they had managed to remove the SAS wheel clamp due to it being the incorrect size for the rim size , so pays to check that. 2nd Lesson , don't mess with the misses.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OTK Lure fishing NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 9:59am
Silver
Silver

Hahahaha classic.  Yeah I will post photos and hopefully video, another learning is put it on the mrs facebook page.  After seeing how many friends on here this should get across the whole of the world.

Watch this space.