Snaps to 20Lbs! Mokau.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snaps to 20Lbs! Mokau.....
    Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 1:57pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi all with my Brother back in NZ, he's been itching to get out with me in the Mac Boat Snap Fish'n. He stayed last night. 

We were gearing up for a whitebaiting mish, scooping the mouth and followed by set netting. With an eye on swellmap last night, it predicted there could be an opening or reasonable sea conditions in the morning, for a beachlaunch though. 

Came Daybreak it went from Baiting to gearing up boat as the sea looked good with big smooth swells though. Had a bad launch took a big wave filled most of boat but soon the scuppers had it empty again before next set!! Close call but in no time we were anchored up same spot as last report. Good rolling swells coming through we were on to fish in no time! 

Sabiki's did the damage on the Kahawai and Gurnhard again, so Straylines quickly deployed! Within 10-15 minutes first Snap on board. Nice fish around 4kg, proceeded by a few more 4-6 kg models. As usual i was only boat out this time of year. 

We were soon out of Kahawai so was time to fillet up the carrots! I run two fillets skin on, skin to skin flesh on outside. And once again it produced biggest Snap of the short time we had out! Was just on the 20 lb mark. 

An hour and a half into it Just as Swellmap predicted, the Westerly started blowing! We were out of there quick as we could. Came in on building whitecaps. Home by 10.30 am, we were happy as with ten Snaps. Photo on driveway me holding best snap of day and my brother with a couple of his.........

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tonga-tui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 4:02pm
tonga-tui View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Top effort once again geoff
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 4:40pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

#1 snapper slayer on this forum hands down! awesome bro
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 5:07pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice work as usual mate, well done.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 5:12pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I am jealous Geoff, top effort would have gone out in harbour yesterday but at dentist having a root canal Cry.  Was not keen to try bar though but lovely day here.

Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 7:26am
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great stuff Geoff, thanked.
Keep it up man
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 10:55am
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work Geoff as usual what are house prices like in Mokau. The place could end up invaded by fish net Forum members.

A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 10:59am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

nothing more to say really!
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 11:13am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I expected nothing less Big smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 12:14pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muzzfishing Muzzfishing wrote:

Nice work Geoff as usual what are house prices like in Mokau. The place could end up invaded by fish net Forum members.

Hi Muzz, i mentioned about house and bach prices here in last report. Jump on Trademe for more info.Its the opposite to wot you would expect about Forum members coming here to fish. In my three odd years being on forum, only one member I'm aware of, thats Macskipper with another Mac 360 has been here with his boat. And it turned to custard so didn't fish. Apart from a couple of close mates that are members. The Bar i think scares alot of people off. Especially now theres no rock marker Bouys and poles. Taken out by huge tree's in the floods. Iv'e got a few members coming down soon to go out with me. though.But wot I do aint for the faint hearted, youv'e got to no wot your doing beach launching!Might see you down here sometime Muzz........Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki-Fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 9:05pm
Naki-Fisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Haha
Your right there mate Tongue love it.
Nice to see your back into them...
The 20lb+ Snapper club No Longer Eludes me Broken with a 12kg new PB
Goal for the next 12 months: catch another 20lb+ Snap and watch it swim away
Hook a King LB here in the Naki.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 8:27pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So it begins............................... If I was a betting man I'd say that's likely a baby with what 's to come over your transom.