Best inchiku set under $600?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Devon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best inchiku set under $600?
    Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 12:39pm
Devon View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What would you buy?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 12:46pm
daveo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

this

http://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/calcutta-200d-jigwrex_topic111512_post1577259.html?KW=#1577259

built for fishing inchikus it's an amazing set
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sid fishus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 12:55pm
sid fishus View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

the best one for the price would be the softest soft bait rod you have already......

sry but really.....    specific inchiku sets...    Ermm

Oh n after that I better go get a specific micro jig set,

n a specific slow/fluttery jig set etc etc etc etc....   Tongue

I always tell the truth about things that never happened
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Devon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 1:10pm
Devon View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote randomangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 2:14pm
randomangler View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Second the calcutta 200d and jigwrex. That is an awesome set, which will do inchiku's, flutter / slow pitch jigs (up to 120gms), also good for kabura's.

I have one, and I even use it for micro jigs, the calcutta is actually quite castable too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 2:17pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by sid fishus sid fishus wrote:

the best one for the price would be the softest soft bait rod you have already......

sry but really.....    specific inchiku sets...    Ermm

Oh n after that I better go get a specific micro jig set,

n a specific slow/fluttery jig set etc etc etc etc....   Tongue

Spoilsport, that's no way to indulge your inner TAS LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 3:44pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Agree that a spin rod with a soft action works well. 

If you want overhead, I bought a Smiths rod off the forums, and a Calcutta 200d. Works very well, but I haven't had the chance to catch much on it yet. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 9:53pm
Fishing Addiction View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I find spin great for softbaits but definately overhead for Inchiku. I use okuma nano matrix 100 for micro jigs and light inchiku and synit Bay Hunter razar light for heavier inchiku and knife jigs. Both teamed up to an pimped okuma komodo 274
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snoteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 9:34am
snoteel View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I use an Ocean Angler "Jitterbug" rod and a Jigging Master Arrester 630...awesome light and powerful setup
if your boyfriend doesn't like fishing....you have a girlfriend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CarlW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 11:39am
CarlW View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What about the Okuma Metaloid 5NS on a nano matrix? anyone had any experience with these?
“My biggest worry is that my wife (when I’m dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.”
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Devon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 11:50am
Devon View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by CarlW CarlW wrote:

What about the Okuma Metaloid 5NS on a nano matrix? anyone had any experience with these?

I was wondering the same thing. Would quite like a trini 12 but not sure i can justify it and the metaloid looks like a good alternative but can't find any thorough reviews on them
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 9:53pm
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I use an Ocean Angler "Jitterbug" rod and a MAXEL F30CH dual drag reel..
perfect powerful setup...

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Helmsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 11:02pm
Helmsy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Devon Devon wrote:

Originally posted by CarlW CarlW wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Would quite like a trini 12 but not sure i can justify it and the metaloid looks like a good alternative but can't find any thorough reviews on them

They are basically just a slightly stripped back version of the Andros, which have been absolutely bulletproof, so these should be the business too. Helical cut stainless internals, carbon drags factory greased with Cals Grease, one piece machined alloy frame, pretty hard to go wrong for the money
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CarlW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 8:04am
CarlW View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

[/QUOTE]

They are basically just a slightly stripped back version of the Andros, which have been absolutely bulletproof, so these should be the business too. Helical cut stainless internals, carbon drags factory greased with Cals Grease, one piece machined alloy frame, pretty hard to go wrong for the money
[/QUOTE]

Cheers, that's the impression I got from the specs, just needed someone to confirm the performance matched the looks.
As much as I would like a Maxel F30CH, its probably a bit out of my price range (esp when I need to add a rod to it). I can get the Metaloid 5NS on a Nano for $400 so that could be the go
“My biggest worry is that my wife (when I’m dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.”
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 700 LTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 9:17am
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I use an Ocean Angler gravity slow jig rod with a Abu Garcia orange max reel its a wicked set up!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 10:05am
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have much the same rig - same rod but with a Quantum Accurist PT bait caster on it. Very happy with my set up.  I have several medium to lower priced bait casters, but this one is my absolute favourite. 
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....