Gday

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote googe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gday
    Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 8:49pm
googe View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Gday fellas, I joined here a long while back but can't find any of my old posts, can't even remember if I introduced myself lol. So, here I am, hi again. Last time I was here I was talking about moving to nz from aus, well I'm here now!, been here about a month. Moved to carterton, got a house in the country, really loving it here!. Got a rav4 and ready to do some exploring around the area. Anyway, that's me, I'll be asking things in other areas. Cheers for now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 9:21pm
Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Googe, welcome back. Carterton is a reasonable place to base yourself for access to the Wairarapa coast playground. Heaps of options out that way fishing and diving. The beaches can be wiped out for good periods though, but that is what keeps the area unspoiled. Have fun exploring and don't forget to post your exploits!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote googe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 12:26am
googe View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks Mars, yeah seems like a good area here, i live very close to the raumahanga so will be hitting that and might try around glendhu. Just need to work out baits, times ect ect, and what the hell type fish i might catch, its like learning all over again lol. Thanks for the info Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 1:39am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hi Googe and welcome back. To find your old posts:

Click on your name
Choose Members profile
From your profile choose find members posts
From your search options choose any date
From your search options choose and older

Click on start search
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote makka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 8:39am
makka View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

G'day mate,
I thought the name "Googe" sounded familiar from the old FishVic days, I take it that's you?

I have not long made the move over from Oz to wellington myself, heaps of good fishing over your side of the hill too! That whole area from palliser bay across to castlepoint offers some great fishing, roll on summer!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote googe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 9:09am
googe View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks smudge!, tried that last night but had the dates wrong, havnt been here since 2012 apparently.Shocked  Distilling took over my life lol, cheers for that. Gday makka, wow your names a sight for sore eyes!, good old fishvic days lol. Was that you that used to visit nz back in them days and post pics of kingfish?. You knew benny to didnt you?, i worked with him at the ship yard, dunno if hes still there or been made redundant like me!. Good to hear about the coast fishing being good  :-).I've only fished riversdale a few years back now, caught a crab lol, but looks like a nice coastline, and endless!. Went for a drive down to the raumahanga river yesterday, bloody nice spot, still can't believe how clear the water is here!. Where do you mainly fish?.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote makka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 10:23am
makka View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah, I thought you worked with Benny at BAE, he is still there, still talk to him a fair bit.
I haven't done a heap of fishing of late but the Ruamahunga is a good spot if you want some trout, huge reddies in there down lower in the river too, big kahawai at the mouth of lake ferry, I fish the Hutt a fair bit for trout too.
I will have to try to get over and fish down ngawi too, I have been down there for a look and it looks really fishy, same with castlepoint
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote googe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 5:28pm
googe View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

What are reddies here? Was talking to the father inlaw about the kahawai at lake ferry today, sounds good!. He's done alot of fishing off the rocks at castle point apparently, said it's real good. I'm hoping to get out ngawi way some time soon, so many place to explore!. Thanks for the tips !.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote makka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 5:50pm
makka View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Reddies/Redfin, they call them perch over here, you need a licence to fish freshwater over here, just wait till the season starts to get your licence, no point getting a current season licence, it will run out in a month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote googe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 5:38pm
googe View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

AAh ok, didn't realize they had em here to, stinkin ******* are everywhere!. Thanks for the tip about the license.