canopy and clears for 5m boat

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sposman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: canopy and clears for 5m boat
    Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 9:32pm
sposman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi looking to get a canopy and clears for my F16 frewza, any recommendations. I'm in south Auckland. cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -prozac- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 9:48pm
-prozac- View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Cairnscorp in pukekohe have just replaced ours on our 6.1 tinny, made a real nice job and price wasn't bad I thought
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:07am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Southern upholstery think it is , opposite pack in save  gt sth road takanini did mine a few yrs back  .. still happy with the whole bimini setup and clears etc.There is another guy, between Durury and the motorway on the left.. know people who have had similar work done and happy also.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 9:21am
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If you can weld and sew make it your self, the biggest rip off for a bit of canvas and a few ali poles, 2.5k.  I am going to make my own , I can weld, I have a mate who can help me with the canvas work. I reckon I can make both for $500
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gongfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 6:17am
gongfisher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I used southern upholstery 3 years ago and very happy with the outcome. still looks new and functions perfect. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 8:11am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes very happy with mine after 3 or 4 yrs.. mind you a lot of that is keeping maintained.
I did add a couple mods to the frame so could fold back side clears and unhook the rear guy ropes  and still have the bimmini stable at speed... which also gave me a place each side to mount florescence lights for night without getting hit in the eyes each time one turns around.
Welding? there are no welds on my frame.. the fittings all plug into the ends of the tube
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 8:19am
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have done a bit this year and have a mate who has a Ali welder. When I get some coin I am going to makemy own
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 8:37am
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Point is if you have the contacts and are willing to give it ago save you a heap of money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 12:07pm
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I got mine done for $750, wouldn't waste my time trying to make it myself
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 2:47pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I replaced Canopy that came with boat as getting tatty at 8 yrs old last year - was made by someone in Whakatane apparently and very light materials used and poor design had been arranged by previous owner - spent some time talking to upholsterer and he used existing frame but recovered - it is so much better than before - worthwhile thinking a bit about what you want it to do and having a discussion before proceeding - I think there are some skills/knowledge involved which you learn by making them - would rather pay for a good job than try and do myself - I don't want to have a hassle with it while out fishing...
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 8:14pm
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Time_Bandit Time_Bandit wrote:

I got mine done for $750, wouldn't waste my time trying to make it myself

Think you will find my canopy here

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wide Load Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 12:05pm
Wide Load View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I made my own. There's quite a few hours to do it well!